Day Trip To Szentendre From Budapest
Just 40 minutes train ride from Budapest on the banks of the Danube is the charming town of Szentendre, which is known by the locals as the City of Artists and Painters. Dating from Medieval times, this enchanting town was rebuilt in the 17th century, so as well as its artistic renown the town is famous for its rich and diverse history. Explore the charming cobbled streets, the colourful houses with their Mediterranean influence and visit local artists’ studios and galleries. Packed with beautiful churches, unique museums, traditional craft shops and authentic restaurants, a day spent exploring peaceful Szentendre will show you another side of Hungary’s diverse culture.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private and personalised experience
- 6 hours with a host- a local who cannot wait to show off the beauty of Szentendre
- 2 course meal + 1 drink
- Transportation cost to and from Szentendre, which takes around 40 minutes by fast train
- Walking experience once at destination (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's excluded :
- Additional Food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs (additional to the ones included in the experience)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Batthyany Square, Batthyany ter, Budapest 1011 Hungary
Every experience is private and personalized. Your local host will plan an itinerary for you based on your interests and on the other activities you have planned for your trip.
Pass By: Szentendre, Szentendre, Pest County, Central Hungary
Wander through this very pretty and artsy town with a local who can introduce you to the Hungarian culture and heritage.
Pass By: Szamos Marzipan Exhibition and Workshop, Dumtsa Jeno utca 12., Szentendre Hungary
Are you into sweets? Ask your host to show you a quaint bakery-cafe and shop with a small museum showcasing elaborate marzipan figurines.
Departure Point :Budapest, Batthyány tér, 1011 Hungary
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the centre of the city. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/25/2019 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, tastes and interests so we can assign a like-minded Local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.