Day Trip to the Embera Indian Village
This Embera tour includes an upriver ride through the Chagres River and the Panamanian Jungle. You will hear directly from the Indians what their life is like: their hunting, fishing, harvesting, how they treat illnesses and much more. Experience up close the Embera Indian traditional dances and see how they produce their body paintings, woven baskets, plates and masks. Walk through the lush and exotic jungle to see an abundant variety of wildlife and birds. You will walk by a clear cascade and will be able to have a dip in the pond.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Comunidad embera Tusipono
What's excluded :
- 50.00 extra charge for pickup from Playa Bonita hotels
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Comunidad embera Tusipono, Colón, Panama
Pick up from your hotel is at 8am, the transfer is in a private car and will take about 1 hour. The Embera Indian Village Tour is a visit to the community of the Embera of Rio Chagres in the banks of the Chagres river. The tour starts on the port of Corotu where you will embark on dugout canoes to travel up the Chagres river in an exploration were you will see waterfalls, exotic vegetation and a myriad of aquatic birds.
The first stop on the tour is to trek through a system of creeks, streams and river rocks on the way to a magnificent waterfall and natural pool where you can swim. You can expect two hours duration at the cascade. After the trekking, you will be taken to the Embera village community where you will have lunch while an artisan from the village shows you how the famous Embera baskets and sculptures are made.
After lunch, you will see and hear the Embera on 3 different dances. You will have two hours to absorb the Embera culture. Before returning to the Corotu embarkation point, you will have a chance to browse through the craft exhibit and purchase souvenirs if you wish. After the tour your guide will take you to your hotel.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- colon 2000
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 26 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.