Day Trip to The Taj Mahal and Agra from Delhi by Train
Visit the Taj Mahal (A UNESCO World Heritage Site), the world's best-known tomb which stands testimony to the timeless love story of the 17th century Mughal Emperor, Shah Jahan, and his queen Mumtaz Mahal. You'll also visit Agra Fort (A UNESCO World Heritage Site), built by Emperor Akbar in 1565 A.D., this huge fort is made of red sandstone.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Transfers/Sightseeing’s by air conditioned private vehicle
- Return Train Ticket AC Chair Car (Delhi – Agra)
- Professional private live tour guide
- Monument entrance fees
- Buffet Lunch
- Live Demonstration of Marble craftsmanship
- Live Demonstration of Handmade Embroidery (Zardozi)
- Live Demonstration of Hand Knotted Carpet weaving
- Pickup from Hotel / Airport or any other desired location in Delhi, Noida, or Gurugram
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (recommended)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: New Delhi, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
Morning, pickup at 7am from hotel or airport in Delhi and transferred to the Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station Delhi. Your Superfast train will depart at approximately 8:10am to transfer you to Agra through the Indian countryside.
Upon arrival at 9:50am the Agra Cantt Railway Station, you will be met by your driver at the main exit gate, where he will be holding a sign with your name on it. After you have arrived and met with your driver, you'll head to a 4/5-star hotel to freshen up where you will be able to use the hotel wash rooms. You'll then meet your tour guide in the hotel lobby.
Start your Agra tour with the magnificent Taj Mahal (A UNESCO World Heritage Site), the world's best-known tomb that stands testimony to the timeless love story of the 17th century Mughal Emperor, Shah Jahan and his queen Mumtaz Mahal. Please keep in mind that theTaj Mahal is closed every Friday.
At approximately 1pm, enjoy a lunch break at a great local, air-conditioned restaurant.
After lunch, transfer to Agra Fort (A UNESCO World Heritage Site), built by Emperor Akbar in 1565 A.D, this huge fort is made of red sandstone. The maze of the courtyards, mosques and private chambers of the fort echo the story of the Mughal Empire.
Next, enjoy shopping in Agra which is known for its fabulous handicrafts, made of marble and softstone inlay work. The Mughals were great patrons of arts and crafts. Empress Nur Jahan took personal interest and was an accomplished artist herself in zari embroidery work. Agra's major handicraft products besides inlay work are: leatherware, brassware, carpets, jewellery and embroidery work.
At the end of your memorable day, you will be transferred back to the Agra Cantt Railway Station to catch your train and Train Depart at 5:40pm to Delhi.
Your train arrives in Delhi at 7:30pm; you will be met by a driver who will return you to the airport or your hotel in Delhi.
Departure Point :New Delhi, Delhi, India
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from Hotel / Airport or any other desired location in Delhi, Noida, or GurugramAirports
- Indira Gandhi Intl Airport, New Delhi, New Delhi 110037 India
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- All Travelers date of birth, gender, Passport number and Nationality are required at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.