Day Trip to the windmills of the Zaanse Schans, Volendam and Edam
Take advantage of this three in one Holland day trip! Enjoy a stroll down the phenomenal Zaanse Schans and marvel at the sight of colourful authentic Dutch windmills! See how artisans perform their traditional crafts. Learn how and why the typical Dutch wooden clogs were made. Next you will visit Volendam and Marken. You will definitely be dazzled by the incredible sights of these two nostalgic fishermens villages. The villages are two of Holland’s most popular tourist destinations! This eye-opening tour covers all highlights of the open air museum the Zaanse Schans, Volendam and Marken. Included is the ferry crossing fee over the IJselmeer from Volendam to Marken.
On the peninsula of Marken you will enter a world where time has ceased to exist. This remarkable tour is a must see for anyone wanting to get to know Holland!
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Ferry crossing from Volendam to Marken
- Entry/Admission - Original House of Marken
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zaanse Schans, Schansend 1, 1509 AW Zaandam The Netherlands
Zaanse Schans is one of the popular tourist attractions of the Netherlands and an anchor point of the European Route of Industrial Heritage (ERIH). It actually is n open air museum. It has gorgeous sights of colorful windmills and you can observe local craftsmen executing their daily work. The neighbourhood attracts well over a million visitors a year.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Experience Volendam, Haven 154, 1131 EW Volendam The Netherlands
Originally, Volendam was the location of the harbor of the nearby Edam. In 1357, the inhabitants of Edam dug a shorter canal to the Zuiderzee with its own separate harbor. The original harbor was then dammed and used for land reclamation. Farmers and local fishermen settled there, forming the community of Vollendam, which literally means 'Filled dam'. In the early part of the 20th century it became an artists' retreat, both Picasso and Renoir spent time here.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Original House of Marken, Havenbuurt 22, 1156 AM Marken The Netherlands
Marken is a timeless incredible village in the province of North Holland, Netherlands. It had a population of 1,810 as of 2012 and is located in forms a peninsula in the Markermeer and was formerly an island in the Zuiderzee. The characteristic wooden houses of Marken are a great tourist attraction.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Hotel NH Collection Amsterdam Barbizon Palace, Prins Hendrikkade 59-72, 1012 AD Amsterdam, Netherlands
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.