Daytrip from Messina port to Mount Etna & Taormina
This exciting day excursion is designed for those who wish to enjoy the best of Sicily, the beautiful Taormina and see the views from Mt. Etna.
Enjoy a drive up to the Etna, where you will start your excursion. In the afternoon explore Taormina, a historic city famous for its Greek temple, ancient amphitheater and unforgettable panorama overlooking the sea.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Taormina, Taormina, Province of Messina, Sicily
Spectacularly perched on the side of a mountain, Taormina is one of Sicily's most popular summer destinations, a chic resort town popular with holidaying high-rollers and those wanting a taste of Sicilian dolce vita.
Founded in the 4th century BC, Taormina enjoyed great prosperity under the Greek ruler Gelon II and later under the Romans, but fell into quiet obscurity after being conquered by the Normans in 1087. Its reincarnation as a tourist destination dates to the 18th century, when northern Europeans discovered it on the Grand Tour. Among its fans was DH Lawrence, who lived here between 1920 and 1923.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mount Etna, 95030 Catania, Sicily Italy
Mount Etna is the highest volcano in Europe, and one of most active of the world. It’s impressive size ( more than 3327 meters high with an average basal diameter of 40 km) overlooks the whole region. Its spectacular eruptions and its fiery lava flows, has always aroused the interest of scientists along with the curiosity of visitors from all over the world.
Since 2013 Mount Etna is in the Unesco’s World Heritage List for its geological peculiarities of planetary relevance.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Ancient Theatre of Taormina, Via del Teatro Greco, 1, 98039, Taormina, Sicily Italy
The ancient theatre (the teatro greco, or "Greek theatre") is built for the most part of brick, and is therefore probably of Roman date, though the plan and arrangement are in accordance with those of Greek, rather than Roman, theatres; whence it is supposed that the present structure was rebuilt upon the foundations of an older theatre of the Greek period. With a diameter of 120 metres (390 ft) (after an expansion in the 2nd century), this theatre is the second largest of its kind in Sicily (after that of Syracuse); it is frequently used for operatic and theatrical performances and for concerts. The greater part of the original seats have disappeared, but the wall which surrounded the whole cavea is preserved, and the proscenium with the back wall of the scena and its appendages, of which only traces remain in most ancient theatres, are here preserved in singular integrity, and contribute much to the picturesque effect, as well as to the interest, of the ruin. From the fragments of architectural decorations still extant we learn that it was of the Corinthian order, and richly ornamented. Some portions of a temple are also visible, converted into the church of San Pancrazio, but the edifice is of small size.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Port of Messina, Via Vittorio Emanuele II, 27, 98122 Messina ME, Italy
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- • Hands must be washed frequently with soap and water or with an alcohol-based gel • Do not share food or drinks
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.