DC Smartphone Photo Safari at Night
Capture the beauty of the nation's capital at night by your smartphone on this 3-hour photo safari led by a professional architectural photographer. Use your phone to photograph the best-known iconic sites, including the US Capitol, the White House, the Jefferson and Lincoln Memorials and the Reflecting Pool view of the Washington Monument. You'll receive guidance on composition, color, and exposure for smartphone or DSLR camera users. This safari, providing van transportation from site to site, welcomes participants at any skill level, with any phone or camera.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Transportation from site to site
- Photographic instruction
- Handout materials with nighttime photography tips
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup
- Washington DC is one of the most photogenic cities in the country, especially at night! Most of its monuments look even better at night than they do in the daytime. This special photo safari designed for smartphone users takes you to DC’s best-known memorials after dark and shows you where and how to take great pictures with a phone!
The safari begins with a van pickup outside the exit of the Federal Center Metro station on the Blue Line. Drive by the Ulysses Grant statue to photograph the beautiful West Front of the US Capitol building at night. From there it's up Pennsylvania Avenue and on to the lovely architecture of the North Portico of the White House, seen from Lafayette Park with its illuminated fountain.
Your next stop is the Tidal Basin parking lot to capture the iconic Jefferson Memorial, reflected in the waters of the Tidal Basin. The final stop is in front of the Lincoln Memorial, with its famous view down the Reflecting Pool of the Washington Monument and the US Capitol. You'll also photograph the magnificent Lincoln Statue sculpted by Daniel Chester French, beautifully illuminated in white light. You'll end at the nearby Albert Einstein Memorial for a group photo before your dropped off at the Foggy Bottom Metro on the Blue/Orange/Silver Line.
Departure Point :401 3rd St SW, Washington, DC 20024, USA
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :2301 I St NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress appropriately for the weather
- Guests must bring their own smartphone or camera
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.