Deeper into 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil' Walking Tour of Savannah
A two-hour walking tour featuring the sites and scenes from author John Berendt's page turning book and Clint Eastwood's fascinating movie. Discover how the author's eight years of residence and research afforded him a glimpse behind the moss curtain.All the great characters and highlights of the best stories in Savannah's beautiful historic district where they took place.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- You will meet your local historian in Reynolds Square at the John Wesley statue at 1 pm. A nice two-hour stroll of the highlights of the book and movie. The courthouse where the trial was filmed and investigative look into the four murder trials that Jim Williams faced for the killing of Danny Hansford, his part-time employee and part-time lover. Great stories of Savannah's past from the 1940's to the present. Find out the effect of a 46% increase in tourism in 1995, one year after the book's release until today. Also included are the homes of Savannah authors Conrad Aiken and Flannery O'Connor. The tour will end at the Mercer-Williams house, with closing comments about Jim Williams' acquittal and the author's quick ending to the story.
Departure Point :Reynolds Square, 32 Abercorn St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Mercer Williams House Museum, 429 Bull St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Your guide will be wearing a microphone and ear buds will be provided for travelers so they can hear the narration clearly while social distancing. Your guide will wear a mask when indoors only.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.