Delhi Cooking Demo and Lunch Punjabi Style
Step back in time and into a beautiful Indian heritage bungalow during this 2.5-hour small-group experience. Become enchanted with stories from the host family, learn about the little-known secrets of Indian cooking, and spend a cozy afternoon with an Indian family. Enjoy a home cooked meal and watch a live cooking demonstration. This experience is perfect for those who want a relaxed day well spent with food and culture.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Wine and food tasting
- Afternoon tea
- Live cooking demonstration
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meet your host family at 12pm in their home, which is nestled in Chanakyapuri, a suburb of Lutyens Delhi and a stone's throw from the British High Commission and the American Embassy. You will experience a home cooked meal made with family recipes that have been handed down throughout many generations.
A selection of classic Indian teas and wine will end each feast. Your hosts will introduce you to India's passion for tea as well as a variety of delicious home and street foods. You will savor delicacies such as the 'samosa', which was brought to India by traders and spread throughout the region as a teatime snack and the 'pav,' which was introduced by the Portuguese and is now found on every street corner. Your host's grandmother's family chefs have mastered the fine balance between each ingredient and the high tea menu reflects the essence of Indian home cooking. The ingredients used have been carefully sourced, skillfully prepared, and are served fresh each day.
A step by step cooking demonstration will help you bring a taste of India to your own home. The session is interactive for guests and it will takes place before the meal. Your experience will end approximately at 2:30pm.
Departure Point :Chanakyapuri
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Concludes at 31 C, Malcha Marg, Chanakya Puri, New Delhi - 110021
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers (except infants)
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Photography is allowed
- Personal food and drinks are not allowed except for infants or for medical purposes
- Infant meals not included
- A very small amount of walking is involved
- Minimum number of 4 applies. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.