Delhi Cultural Experience: Cook and Eat with a Local Family
Immerse yourself in Indian culture and dine with a local family. This is an opportunity to learn more about local life, Indian lifestyle, the traditions of home life and the importance of family in Indian culture, arranged marriages and of course, the food.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Transportation by private vehicle from the meeting point
- Home cooked dinner at host home
- Chai drink
- Local snacks
- Entry/Admission - Hotel Jivitesh
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup
- Gratuities for guide
- India is known for its amazing food, and we know just where you can find the most authentic culinary experience in Delhi: at home with a local.
Our 'home cooked' Delhi food tour is less tour and more unique local experience, and is hands down one of the most authentic things to do in Delhi. It's not just a meal, but a dining experience in a family home, where you'll learn about local culture, taste incredible food, and make new friends.
Meet your guide, take private transportation & make your way to your host's house. Your local guide will give you the lowdown on what to expect for the evening, before we're welcomed into our host's home.
Departure Point :Hotel Jivitesh, # 11, Pusa Rd, opposite Metro Pillar Number 87, Block 17 A, WEA, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110005, India
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that out of respect for our hosts, alcohol will not be served with dinner and should not be taken to the host's place of residence.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
- Maximum group size is 12.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: Your tour visits a local Indian family who had no links with tourism before Urban Adventures introduced them to this amazing world four years ago. Since then, the woman who does this tour has hosted around 2000 people and she feels very happy when travellers appreciate her and her cooking. She is independent and feels very happy about being connected with us.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.