Delicious Food Tasting Adventure in Riga Central Market
Enjoy a memorable food tasting experience in one of the largest and most beautiful European markets. During this 2-hours small-group or private tour, you will taste authentic Latvian products and discover some delicious flavors, as well as hear interesting stories related with the history of the market. Riga Central Market is one of the favorite shopping places in the city, and without a local guide it will be impossible to try all amazing flavors that are available there. Join this tour and experience Riga and Latvian food for real!
per adult from
What's included :
- Food tasting (8-10 different samples)
- Professional guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Pick - up from hotel or apartment in Riga city center (for private tours only).
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Additional food and drinks (available for purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Central Market (Centraltirgus), Negu iela 7, Riga 1050 Latvia
Enjoy a delicious food tasting adventure in the most colorful and authentic place in Riga, a place so much loved by locals - Riga Central Market, the largest indoor market in Europe. Together with a friendly and entertaining local foodie, you'll stroll through many vendors of the market while trying the most delicious traditional specialties and learning more about Latvian traditions and culture.
Our guides love the market and will give you a real insiders' experience. You'll try a selection of smoked meats, seasonal soup, traditional "pierogi" and dumplings, local cheese, smoked or pickled fish, seasonal fruits and drinks, yummy sweets and cakes to end the meal. You'll probably feel full after this experience so better please come on an empty stomach.
Book this experience as a public, small group tour (max. 12 people) or as a private food tasting just for your group.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Vecpilsētas iela 12, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
Return Detail :Riga Central Market, Rīgas Centrāltirgus, Latgales priekšpilsēta, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Suitable for all weather conditions (covered market)
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Please eat only light meal before as this activity is also suitable as lunch
- You will have a chance to taste 8 - 10 different traditional food samples that most people find delicious. Usually after this tour people feel like they've had a lunch. We do not recommend this activity for people who are very picky with the food.
- For public tours please arrive 5 minutes before departure. We respect those who arrive in time and always start in time, so if you are not there when the activity starts the group will leave without you and you will loose your place on this tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Our public tours are carried out in small groups (less than 8 people), as well as social distancing is encouraged between participants and the guide. You can also book this experience as a private tour only for your group.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.