DELOS, the island of god Apollo
Delos is one of the best preserved ancient towns, a rival to Pompeii. For the people back then Delos was very special, as they believed it was the birth place of god Apollo.
Today people who visit it can get an idea of the life back then, by seeing the ancient houses, temples, shrines, the theater, and more.
An interesting detail is that all the houses of Delos were fitted with bathrooms, and a sophisticated system of sewers would take the used waters to the ocean.
Delos was the first Duty Free place in history, as well as the first melting pot.
It was also famous as a slave trade center, and the visitor will see, among other things, the big slave market.
The guide will narrate the history of the place from the prehistoric times, to the archaic period, to the Athenian domination, to the Roman occupation, to the present day.
The Museum houses exceptional artifacts, and things of everyday use, discovered in the private houses.
Finally, Delos is a paradise for photographers.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- The tour guide
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Ferry tickets, and entrances.
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Delos
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Archaeological Site of Delos, 846 00 Greece
They will visit the ruins of the ancient town, get into different houses, visit the theater, the shrines, the Museum, and more...
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels, and from either port (New Port, and Old Port)Ports
- New Port (Tourlos)
- Old Port (Diliana)
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for people with serious walking problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.