Delphi and Meteora 2-day tour
Don't miss out on this two-day tour from Athens to see and visit the majestic gray rocks of Metéora and its monasteries on the cliff.
per adult from
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Entrance fees
- Transportation by luxury bus
- Services of a licensed professional guide
- Hotel accommodation (class A / class T)
What's excluded :
- The visit to the Delphi museum is not included
- Hotel accommodation tax
- Tips (optional)
- Soft drinks and beverages
Day 1: Athens - Delphi - Kalambaka
Stop At: Delphi Greece
The first day will arrive in Delphi around noon. Famous for its theater, the Temple of Apollo and the ancient ruins, Delphi was considered the center of the universe and the earth, and played a central role in the classical Greek world. Visit to the archaeological site and the APOLLO TEMPLE famous for its oracle. In the afternoon after lunch departure to central Greece and the cities of Lamia (short stop), Tríkala crossing the Plain of Thessaly, to Kalambaka, a small city built at the foot of the majestic gray rocks, and crowned by the monasteries of Metéora (short stop to buy souvenirs). Overnight stay in Kalambaka.
Duration: 11 hours
Accommodation included: 3 * or 4 * option
Day 2: Metéora - Athens
Stop At: Meteora, Kastraki, Kalambaka 422 00 Greece
The second day, departure in the morning to Metéora for a tour of the cliff monasteries and visit two different Byzantine Monasteries built on top of the rock towers, offering fantastic views of the plain. Metéora is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. The monasteries are perched on top of sandstone towers, which for centuries provided completely inaccessible retreats for monks. Metéora is considered one of the best areas of peninsular Greece and its monasteries are one of the most unique attractions in the country. On your return you can visit a Byzantine style icon factory optionally. Return to Athens passing by the heroic monument of Leonidas of Sparta in Thermopylae (short stop for photographs). The tour returns to Athens in the afternoon.
Duration: 10 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Athanasiou Diakou 26, Athina 117 43, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pickup / drop-off service from / to hotels located in central Athens.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- To enter the monasteries, appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and should wear long sleeves. Men cannot wear shorts
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.