Delphi and Meteora 2 Days Small Group Tour From Athens
Get the chance to explore two of top ranked UNESCO-listed Classical sites.
Drive through the fertile plain of Beotia, crossing the towns of Thebes – connected with the tragedy of King Oedipus and arrive in Delphi Archaeological Site widely known in ancient times as the navel of the world, the “Omphalos”.Spend some time at the traditional Arachova Village. Where you have the opportunity to wander around the picturesque stone houses, enjoy the colorful scenery of one of the most famous destinations in Greece.
Visit and admire the breathtaking views of the world significant Meteora Monasteries – one of the most famous man made wonders of the Medieval World.
Admire the clifftop Byzantine Monasteries built all the way back in the 14th century by the monks that still operate nowadays! Take a peek inside, meet and talk to the monks and discover priceless artifacts and wall paintings.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick-up / drop off from hotel or apartment
- 1 overnight Hotel Accomodation in 3 or 4 star hotel in twin sharing basis
- Professional guide with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece at destinations
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to Delphi archeological site and archeological museum ( 12 euros perperson).
- Meals ,Drinks and beverages ( except breakfast to the hotel)
- Entrance fees to the Monasteries in Meteora( 3 euros per person per monastery)
- Entry/Admission - Delphi
- Entry/Admission - Delphi Archaeological Museum
- Entry/Admission - Meteora
Day 1: Pick up from Athens centrally located hotels or apartments and depart to Delphi.
Pass By: Delphi Greece
Pick up from your hotel or apartment and departure for a 2 days tour in the mainland Greece. After approximately 3 hours and after having a short stop on the way, we shall reach our first destination for today, the small town with its huge impact on World’s History, Delphi .Lying uphill of Mount Parnassos, within the angle formed by the twin rocks of the Phaedriades, the Pan-Hellenic sanctuary of Delphi, home of the most famous oracle of ancient Greece which defined all major historical events of ancient Greece. Delphi was referred as the centre of the world! It is here, that the two eagles sent out by Zeus from the two edges of the universe to find the navel of the world, finally met each other! Our professional guide will provide all necessary information during the drive
Stop At: Delphi Greece
Visit of the archaeological site, and the archeological Museum. The sanctuary of Delphi, set within a most spectacular landscape, was for many centuries the cultural and religious centre and symbol of unity for the Hellenic world. As soon as we finish the guided tour, you will visit a local restaurant for lunch ( own expenses). In the afternoon and after visiting picturesque mountain village of Arachova, we will drive through Central Greece crossing the Thessalian plain, to Kalambaka, a small town built on the foothill of the majestic grey rocks and crowded by the Meteora Monasteries. Overnight in Kalambaka.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Delphi Archaeological Museum, Ethniki Odos Amfissas - Livadias, Delphi 330 54 Greece
Visit of the archaeological Museum. The sanctuary of Delphi, set within a most spectacular landscape, was for many centuries the cultural and religious centre and symbol of unity for the Hellenic world. As soon as we finish the guided tour, you will visit a local restaurant for lunch ( own expenses).
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Kalambaka, Kalambaka, Trikala Region, Thessaly
In the afternoon and after visiting picturesque mountain village of Arachova, we will drive through Central Greece crossing the Thessalian plain, to Kalambaka, a small town built on the foothill of the majestic grey rocks and crowded by the Meteora Monasteries. Overnight in Kalambaka.
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight in a 4 star hotel in the town of Kalambaka in twin or double rooms on breakfats basis.
Day 2: Visti at the Meteora Monsteries and drive back to Athens.
Stop At: Meteora, Kalabaka 422 00, Greece
After breakfast we shall depart for our very next destination on our tour. Leaving behind the town of Kalambaka or recently renamed as Meteora, we meet with the breathtaking grey rocks. Upon arrival we shall visit Meteora and the 2 major monasteries. Breathtaking scenery perched on huge rocks which seem to be suspended in mid-air, stand ageless monasteries where you can see exquisite specimens of Byzantine art.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Kalambaka, Kalambaka, Trikala Region, Thessaly
After our visiting the monasteries we will stop for lunch in an nearby traditional restaurant ( Own expenses). Early in the afternoon we depart for our return to Athens
Duration: 2 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up / drop off is included from all Athens centtraly located hotels and apartments. Please inform us of your hotel os apartment address during the booking. You are going to receive an email with the exact pick up time 48hrs prior departure.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- We usually visit Great Meteoro Monastey and St. Stefanos
- To enter the monasteries, appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts.
- Most travelers can participate
- Post Covid 19 Policy: Vehicles will be sanitized before every pick up. Hand sanitizing done before departure and after every major stop.Maximum 6 clients in a 12 seater minibus to secure social distance between tourists ( for shared small group tours only). All our vehicles will operated with 50% capacity ( for shared small group tours only). Face masks available for clients. Guides will wear facemasks and use microphone when guiding. Fresh trash bag will be place in every vehicle and waste will be destroyed at the end of the tours.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Maximum 8 clients in a 14 seater minibus to secure social distance between tourists ( for shared small group tours only). Face masks available for clients. Guides will wear facemasks and use microphone when guiding.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.