Delphi (Apollo Oracle/ Athena Tholos) private day tour from Athens (10 hours)
We visit Delphi as travellers, not as tourists. We get as excited as you to travel, to enjoy the history & scenery.
Schedule is flexible, but most importantly our drivers are seasoned travelers and are dedicated to helping you live the tour of your life, that is suited to your needs and lifestyle, allowing all passengers to enjoy the scenic drive, stopping wherever you desire and avoiding tourist traps
The tour starts with convenient pickup and takes you to Levadia/ springs (Explore at your leisure the springs of Remembrance & Oblivion). Continue via mount Parnassus to Delphi. Visit at you leisure the sites of Apollo and Athena sanctuaries, Museum, take a break for lunch in a restaurant balcony with a panoramic view of the olive grove valley and the Corinthian Gulf. Return via traditional villages as Arachova
You have the options of a full payment at the time of your booking or reserve your tour with a deposit only 50% at a lower rate (than Option/ Full Pay). See additional info
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicles, with high level of cleanliness (Sedan/ Minivan/ Minibus)
- Bottled water
- Private Transportation & includes: (Fuels, Toll Roads, Parking Fees)
- WiFi on board
- Pick up / Drop off, from/to your hotel/apartment in Athens, Piraeus. Or request another location
- Professional English speaking experienced Tour driver (with history knowledge) for the day
- Entry/Admission - Delphi Archaeological Museum
- Entry/Admission - Athena Pronaia Temple
What's excluded :
- Licensed Archaeologist guide (up prior request & depends availability)
- Entrance fees to Site & Museum (Winter 6€ / Summer 12 €. Under 19 y free/ Over 65 reduce half)
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Orchomenos
- Entry/Admission - Delphi
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Archaeological Site of Orchomenos, Orchomenos 220 02 Greece
Orchomenus, the setting for many early Greek myths, is best known as a rich archaeological site in Boeotia, Greece, that was inhabited from the Neolithic through the Hellenistic
Near by the Byzantine (9th century) monastery church of Panaghia Skripou one of the oldest monasteries
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Livadia 321 00, Greece
Drives through the fertile plain of Boeotia, driving by the town of Thebes. Proceed to Levadia, a busy town and an important junction in the road network. Also an industrial center where its textile mills treat the cotton grown in the Copais valley. The upper town is graced by white houses with jutting wooden balconies dating from the 18th C. We'll stop for a drink by the beautiful river Karya over the spot where the water springs out. In ancient times, Karya was said to be the location of the Oracle of Trofonios Zeus which included the springs of Mnemosyne (Remembrance) and the spring of Lethe (oblivion). The oracle was used as a stage before visiting the oracle of Delphi and as such, through the times, it acquired great power and riches.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Delphi Greece
Delphi is the ancient sanctuary that grew rich as the seat of Pythia, the oracle who was consulted about important decisions throughout the ancient classical world. The ancient Greeks considered the center of the world to be in Delphi, marked by the stone monument known as the omphalos (navel).
It is now an extensive archaeological site with a small modern town of the same name nearby. It is recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in having had a great influence in the ancient world, as evidenced by the various monuments built there by most of the important ancient Greek city-states, demonstrating their fundamental Hellenic unity.
General/summer admission: 12 € - Reduced/ winter admission: 6 €
Under 19 y is free
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Delphi Archaeological Museum, Ethniki Odos Amfissas - Livadias, Delphi 330 54 Greece
Delphi Archaeological museum is one of the principal museums of Greece and one of the most visited. Founded in 1903, it has been rearranged several times and houses the discoveries made at the panhellenic sanctuary of Delphi, which date from the Late Helladic (Mycenean) period to the early Byzantine era.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Athena Pronaia Temple, Delphi 330 54, Greece
The Temple of Athena Pronaia was a temple at the ancient site of Delphi, in the Sanctuary of Athena Pronaia, a group of buildings comprising temples and treasuries as well as the famous Tholos of Delphi.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Delphi, Delphi, Phocis Region, Central Greece
Visit modern town at your leisure and have lunch on a restaurant balcony with a panoramic view of the olive grove and the Corinthian Gulf
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Arachova, Arachova, Boeotia Region, Central Greece
Visit a traditional mountain village and buy local products (optional)
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
For Private Tours: Traveler pickup/drop off is offered from/to your hotel/apartment in Athens center or Piraeus Port, at the arranged time of your tour departure or your tour return.We recommend that the tour starts at 8.00 am or earlier in summer timeIf for any reason this is not convenient, you can adjust the time according to your needs.Please do not hesitate to request another pick up/ drop off location (for Athens airport, an extra charge is applicable for toll roads & distance 35 km)
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bookings: You have the flexibility of two options! Full payment or a Deposit (Pay deposit 50%) - Reserve the tour at a lower rate (than Option/ Full Pay) with a deposit 50% at the time of booking. The remaining 50% will be payable at the beginning of your tour in cash to your driver/ tour leader.
- You Have the options of 3 different Vehicles types: Sedan up to 3 adults or family of 4 (2 adults + 2 kids - up to 10 years old free) - Minivan ( from 1 to 7 persons - 2 kids/ up to 10 years old free ) - Minibus ( from 1 to 14 persons - 2 kids/ up to 10 years old free). Price varies by Group Size or Vehicle type.
- The driver is not a licensed tour guide to accompany you on your walk to sites or museum. If you require an archaeologist guide to tour the sites with you, you need to hire one additionally. If you have any questions you can contact us on the phone number provided by Viator.
- This is a private & flexible tour available from Athens. However we only request to have in mind the agreement hours. But if you like to extend it, please make a fair arrangement with your tour driver/ leader
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.