Denali Backcountry Adventure
The Denali Backcountry Adventure will take you along the full 92.5 mile Denali National Park Road to the amazing Denali Backcountry Lodge. Along the way, our local guides will ensure you the best opportunities to view the legendary beauty of the Denali National Park with breath taking scenery and wildlife sightings such as bears, moose, caribou and more. After a complete morning of sightseeing, you will arrive at the idyllic frontier land of Kantishna. Here you will enjoy a unique and hearty creek side lunch at our Miner’s Day Lodge. After lunch, you could try your hand at gold panning in Moose Creek, or join an experienced naturalist on a guided hike to Fannie Quigley’s pioneer cabin or on a botany walk.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Live commentary on board
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Eielson Visitor Center
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Eielson Visitor Center, Park Road, Mile 66, Denali National Park and Preserve, AK
Explore the interpretive center, enjoy the commanding views of Mount Denali, photo opportunities, restrooms facilities available.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Denali National Park and Preserve, Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Denali, the Crown Jewel of national parks, is a true wilderness. There’s very little development and very large scenery. Access into the heart of the park is restricted. The best way to see more and do more in Denali is on a full-day excursion that takes you to the end of the road.
Duration: 13 hours
Departure Point :1: Denali Cabins - Denali National Park, 229 Parks Hwy, Denali National Park and Preserve, AK 99755, USA
2: Denali Grizzly Bear Resort, Mile 231.1, Parks Hwy, Denali National Park and Preserve, AK 99755, USA
3: McKinley Chalet Resort, Mile 238.9, Parks Hwy, Denali National Park and Preserve, AK 99755, USA
4: Grande Denali Lodge, 238 Parks Hwy, Denali National Park and Preserve, AK 99755, USA
5: Denali Bluffs Hotel, 238 Parks Hwy, Denali National Park and Preserve, AK 99755, USA
6: Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge, 238.5 Parks Hwy, Denali National Park and Preserve, AK 99755, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
6:00 am Denali Cabins6:15 am Denali Grizzly Bear Resort6:30 am McKinley Chalets Resort6:30 am Grande Denali Lodge6:30am Denali Bluffs Hotel6:30am Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Pick-up and drop-off locations are only at the specified hotels. You must get yourself to one of the specified hotels the morning of your tour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children under 2 years old should not be booked on this tour.
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour it not recommended for children under the age of 6 years old.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 42 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.