Denali National Park Walking Tour
Embark on a moderate 3-hour walk through in the Denali area with an informative naturalist guide and a small group limited to seven people. Explore both within and outside the wilderness of Denali National Park, moving slowly through the boreal forest of the Alaska Range. Choose a morning, afternoon or midnight sun walk.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Expert naturalist guide
- Some outdoor gear is available for use (e.g. rain gear, overboots, trekking poles, water)
What's excluded :
Walking with an experienced local naturalist is really a great way to see the complicated connections of plants, animals, and people within the splendor of true wilderness in Alaska. The boreal forest in the lower elevations gives way to specialized sub arctic ecosystems like taiga and tundra. The permafrost areas and fantastic mountains are home to plants and animals highly adapted to the harsh elements. Your guide will stop frequently to explain this in depth.
Trails are best described as moderate, with tree roots, hills, and mud in places. This is Alaska so bring your outdoor gear; sturdy walking shoes, water, jacket and rain gear, along with your camera and curiosity of this great land. Some of the basic equipment is available, including rain gear, water, overboots and trekking poles (upon request).
This tour is not meant to be a workout, but it is three consecutive hours of walking on sometimes unimproved trails. Average pace is about one mile per hour with frequent stops. There is time for resting, drinking, conversing and even picking berries in season.
• Denali National Park, AK
• Denali Backcountry Guides, 1 Glacier Way, Denali National Park and Preserve, AK 99755
Departure Point :238.5 Parks Hwy, Denali National Park and Preserve, AK 99755, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
If you are staying in any hotel other that the Denali Princess wilderness lodge, please send a text to 830-266-9255, when you arrive, to help coordinate pickup time.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
- If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Not recommended for child aged 11 and under
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Trails are best described as moderate, with tree roots, hills, and mud in places. Bring your outdoor gear including sturdy walking shoes, water, jacket and rain gear. Some basic gear is available, including rain gear, overboots, trekking poles and water.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- For 2020 season, we will adhere to current CDC, state and local guidelines and during this time we are closely monitoring the Covid-19 situation. Ensuring continued health and safety is a top priority for us as we closely monitor the situation and regularly assess any adjustments to our operations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.