Dendera Temple guided private trip from Luxor
Dendera is a small town in Egypt situated on the west bank of the Nile , about 5 kilometers south of Qena ,On the opposite side of the river . It is located approximately 60 kilometers north of Luxor , It contains Dendera Temple Complex , One of the best preserved temple sites from ancient Upper Egypt .
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Expert Egyptologist tour guide speaks your language
- Entrance fees for all sights mentioned in the itinerary
- Bottled water
- All Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Dendera Temple Complex
What's excluded :
- Any extra not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal needs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dendera Temple Complex, Dendera Egypt
Start your tour by driving to Dendera which located about 60 km north of Luxor To visit the unique Dendera Temple which contains the Temple of Hathor , is one of the best preserved temples , if not the best preserved one , in all of Upper Egypt . The whole complex covers some 40.000 square meters and is surrounded by a mud brick wall . The present building dates back to the times of the Ptolemaic dynasty and was completed by the Roman emperor Tiberius , but it rests on the foundations of earlier buildings dating back at least as far as Khufu but it was the Pharaoh Pepi l who built the temple , It was once home to the celebrated Dendera Zodiac , Which is now displayed in the Louvre in Paris . There are also Roman and pharaonic Mammisi , ruins of a Coptic church and a small chapel dedicated to Isis , dating to the Roman or the Ptolemaic epoch .
After finishing back to Luxor
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.