Denver History and Highlights Small Group Tour
Folks have been drawn to Denver for over a century -- find out why on this downtown adventure exploring the Queen City of the Plain’s rich past, glinting with the promise of gold and other “riches” of the Rocky Mountains. Join our team of local guides a mile high up and take in the fascinating stories, beautiful architecture, and modern food-and-drink scene on this orientation tour of Colorado’s capital city.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Gratuities/tips for your guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colorado State Capitol, 200 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80203-1776
Your experience begins a mile high at the Colorado State Capitol, the perfect place to start off a tour highlighting the best of Denver. You might have a chance to step inside with your guide to take in the awe-inspiring architectural features of this historic building and learn more about the founding of the Queen City of the Plains.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: LoDo, Lower Downtown, Denver, CO 80202
You’ll see the more modern side of Denver, entering LoDo
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: 16th Street Mall, 16th St, Denver, CO 80202
Get your architecture fix as you pass through the popular 16th Street Mall, a picturesque tree-lined avenue that’s home to street food, art, and local musicians. Your guide will help you avoid the tourist traps and find the local hidden gems of Denver’s downtown food, shopping, and nightlife scene.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Larimer Square, 1430 Larimer St, Denver, CO 80202-1739
Continue on towards one of the most historic and photogenic Denver
landmarks: Larimer Square. Hear about the founding of the city, and
you’ll quickly discover why Denver has attracted people from across the
country for more than a century.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Union Station, Denver, CO 80202, USA
Cap off your downtown Denver experience at the hub of historic LoDo, Union Station, restored to its former glory and still the main train station in town. Enjoy people-watching at its finest, as this is one of the most popular gathering places in Denver. Once your tour has ended, you’ll be in the perfect spot to continue exploring the exciting downtown district.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Colorado Veterans Monument, 1449 Lincoln St, Denver, CO 80203, USA
Return Detail :LoDo, Denver, CO 80202, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes that you can walk in. The summer months can be especially hot, so please bring sunscreen and a hat. In winter be sure to dress warm, as we’ll be outside for a majority of the tour.
- Walking may be difficult in snowy or rainy weather.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- In the event of road or attraction closures, your guide will do their best to work around the obstacles or take your tour to alternate locations.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.