Derbyshire, the Peak District & Poole’s Cavern Small-Group Tour from Manchester
This region encapsulates everything everybody loves about England.
There are rolling hills so green that you wonder whether there’s something unusual in the soil, there are rural towns with more quaint cottages than you can count, and caves with tales of kings, queens, and treachery.
On this tour, you explore the most fascinating spots in the area of Derbyshire.
You see the gently towering hillocks of the Peak District, experience the traditional streets and treats of Bakewell village, and journey into the natural wonder of Poole’s Cavern.
Join this tour and experience England in miniature.
per adult from
What's included :
- Small Group Tour with maximum 16 people
- Professional Driver Guide
- Transport by top of the range Mercedes mini-coach
- Entry/Admission - Poole's Cavern & Buxton Country Park
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission fees
- Meals and refreshments
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Castleton, Castleton, Hope Valley, Peak District National Park, England
Your first stop is in Castleton. This quaint old town attracts travellers from all over the world for its quintessential English charm. You can wander the streets, enjoy a beautiful view up a valley, and learn its history at an insightful information centre.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Monsal Trail, Aldern House Baslow Road, Peak District National Park, Bakewell DE45 1AE England
You then venture to Monsal Head. There’s an old rail line viaduct that emerges from green hills to create a unique vista. It’s a gorgeous structure with an impressive history.
Monsal Headstone Viaduct – A landmark viaduct and walking route that spans the serene Monsal Dale.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bakewell, Bakewell, Peak District National Park, England
If you’re hungry, then you’re in luck, because you’re stopping for lunch in Bakewell next. Not only is this town delicious to look at, but it’s also the home of one of England’s most famous desserts, the Bakewell Pudding.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Poole's Cavern & Buxton Country Park, Green Lane, Buxton SK17 9DH England
This magnificent limestone cave is part of a vast complex that have still not been fully explored.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :NCP Car Park Manchester Store Street, Store St, Manchester M1 2WD, UK
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- You are allowed up to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on our tours from Manchester. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) and a small bag for onboard personal items.
- Please arrive at least 15 mins in advance to check-in.
- Please note that tour timings are for reference only and may vary for operational reasons.
- Poole’s Cavern - Our timings and tickets with this attraction are currently under review due to the coronavirus.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- • Face coverings are mandatory and must always be worn. • Infrared thermometer temperature check during check-in for tour. Passengers with temperature readings above 38 degrees will not be able to travel for health and safety reasons. • Simple Covid-19 health questionnaire upon arrival.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.