Derrie Danders: A Self-Guided Audio Tour of the Walled City’s West
Welcome to Derry and, in particular, the Cityside, as the western half of this historic city is known.
On this walking tour, we’ll visit several locations in the west side of the city, including an area called the Bogside. Sometimes described as the cockpit of ‘the Troubles’.
We’ll peruse popular murals like The Petrol Bomber, Bernadette, and the Bloody Sunday collection and, in a politically neutral way, cover some of the other sites that define the area. Fellow tour guide, Mr Terry Brown of Walled City Tours, will join us to share his perspective at some of the locations along the way.
You’ll also hear stories about:
• St Columba and how the sacred well was formed
• The murals, monuments and memorials dedicated to the Troubles
• A Victorian-era garden of tranquility in the city centre
• The revival of the ancient languages of the natives and the planters
• Derry pigs and what made them so happy
per adult from
60 to 75 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- VoiceMap Application
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tower Museum, Union Hall Place, Derry BT48 6LU Northern Ireland
The tour passes by the Tower Museum.
Pass By: Butcher's Gate, Butcher Street, Derry Northern Ireland
The tour passes by Butcher's Gate Derry City Walls.
Pass By: Free Derry Corner, Rossville Street/Fahan Street, Derry BT48 6AQ Northern Ireland
The tour passes by the Free Derry Corner.
Pass By: Bloody Sunday Memorial, Joseph's Place Bogside, Derry Northern Ireland
The tour passes by the Bloody Sunday Obelisk Memorial.
Pass By: Museum of Free Derry, 55 Glenfada Park Bogside, Derry BT48 9DR Northern Ireland
The tour passes by the Museum of Free Derry.
Departure Point :Visit Derry, 1 Waterloo Pl, Londonderry BT48, UK
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 12/11/2020 - 12/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.