Derrie Danders: Highlights of the Walled City a Self-Guided Audio Tour
Welcome to the historic city of Derry – or Londonderry, depending on who you ask. Ours is a city rich in complex history, and filled with locals who’ll invite you to stay and "enjoy the craic".
This self-guided GPS audio tour takes you on a full circuit of the city's 400-year-old walls. I’ll point out many of the famous historical and cultural sights en route and suggest places to return to for longer visits.
You may know a bit about the city from the recent comedy series Derry Girls, and we’ll visit the popular mural dedicated to the show. But on this tour you’ll also hear about:
• The city's saint, St Columba / Colmcille, who first established his monastery here in 542 AD
• The great Siege of Derry in 1688 and 1689
• The Troubles, which were a part of life here from 1969 to 1994
• The city's role in the second world war and the Battle of the Atlantic
• Immigration during the Plantation of Ulster
• Emigration during the Irish Potato Famine, or Great Famine, from 1845 to 1849
per adult from
40 to 60 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
What's excluded :
- Food and drink
- Smartphone and headphones
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Peace Flame, Foyle Street Opposite Peace Bridge, Derry Northern Ireland
The tour starts outside the Peace Flame garden.
Pass By: Walled city Londonderry, Londonderry, Derry Northern Ireland
The tour passes by sections of the wall
Pass By: Millennium Forum Theatre and Conference Centre, 3 Newmarket St, Londonderry BT48 6EB, UK
The tour passes by the Millennium Forum Theatre and Conference Centre.
Pass By: Derry Girls Mural, 18 Orchard Street, Derry Northern Ireland
The tour passes by the Derry Girls Mural.
Pass By: Ferryquay Gate, Ferryquay Street, Derry Northern Ireland
The tour passes by the Ferryquay Gate.
Pass By: St. Columb's Cathedral, London St. Londonderry, Derry Northern Ireland
The tour passes by the St Columb's Cathedral.
Pass By: Bishop's Gate, part of the Derry Walls, 56 Bishop Street Within, Londonderry BT48 6PY, UK
The tour passes by the Bishop's Gate, part of the Derry Walls.
Pass By: Double Bastion, Londonderry BT48 6PS, UK
The tour passes by the Double Bastion.
Pass By: St Augustines, Palace St, Londonderry BT48 6PP, UK
The tour passes by the St Augustines church.
Pass By: The Siege Museum, 13 Society Street Londonderry, Derry BT48 6PJ Northern Ireland
The tour passes by The Siege Museum.
Pass By: First Derry Presbyterian Church, Upper Magazine Street, Derry Northern Ireland
The tour passes by the First Derry Presbyterian Church.
Pass By: Butcher's Gate, Butcher Street, Derry Northern Ireland
The tour passes by the Butcher's Gate Derry City Walls.
Pass By: Tower Museum, Union Hall Place, Derry BT48 6LU Northern Ireland
The tour passes by Tower Museum.
Pass By: Magazine Gate, Magazine Street Guildhall Square, Derry BT48 6HJ Northern Ireland
The tour passes by the Magazine Gate Derry City Walls.
Pass By: Peace bridge, Queens quay, Derry Northern Ireland
The tour ends at Peace Bridge.
Departure Point :17 Waterloo Pl, Londonderry BT48 6BU, UK
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/30/2020 - 10/29/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:30 AM - 08:30 PM
Return Detail :The Peace Bridge, Londonderry, Derry BT48 7NN, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.