Deshnok Village Rat temple visit at Bikaner
A visit to the unusual yet famous Karni Mata Temple dedicated only for the Rats. This temple has received widespread tourists coverage in recent past. While there are many legends about the Kabas (Rats) of the temple, most common perception is that the believers consider the rats as the incarnation of their ancestors, thus very holy.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Car along with the driver
- Local guide
- 01 mineral water bottle per person
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Deshnook Temple
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Deshnook Temple, Jodhpur Road, Gajner India
You will be picked-up from your hotel in Bikaner in a private air conditioned vehicle and visit Karni Mata Temple also known as Rat temple. The current temple was built by Maharaja Ganga Singh of Bikaner about 100 years ago. Made of with occasional gold & mainly in marble and stone, the temple is in a style called “Madh”. The arched gateway is carved in marble and opens to a courtyard leading to the inner shrine. The shrine is not well illuminated, however, you can easily spot beautiful designs on its walls and ceilings, and rats all around!
There are large bowls of milk kept on the ground with the Rats (locally called “Kabas”) having a feast in a strangely orderly manner. They are everywhere, probably thousands of them! Still the locals do not mind coming in contact with them. Stay just long enough to take some photographs.
Spend some time at the temple mostly experiencing this new cultural experience and capturing the surroundings in your cameras. It is a different experience, seeing yet another aspect of India, which can seem strange to outsiders, but very normal to people here.
To conclude, you will be driven back to your hotel in Bikaner.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Centrally located Bikaner hotels/railway station/airport
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Religious place
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.