Detroit Beer History Walking Tour
Detroit Beer History Walking Tour - You will go on a walk around the Eastern Market area of Detroit to visit 6 old brewery sites. You learn about the pre & post-prohibition breweries that once thrived in Eastern Market. The guide will share historic pictures of what the area breweries looked like during their peak. All tour guests enjoy an included beer at Eastern Market Brewing at the end of the tour. This walking tour is based on the book "Detroit Beer - A History of Brewing in the Motor City." Written by Stephen Johnson, the owner of Motor City Brew Tours and your tour guide for the walking tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - 1 pint of beer at Eastern Market Brewing Company is included in your ticket.
What's excluded :
- Optional: Tips to the tour guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Eastern Market, 2934 Russell St, Detroit, MI 48207-4826
We will walk around historic Eastern Market and learn about pre and post prohibition beer history.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Eastern Market Brewing Co, 2515 Riopelle St, Detroit, MI 48207, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Please note, due to the ongoing COVID-19 on-premise restrictions, things could change on what we can and can't do in breweries. We will adjust accordingly and let you know ahead of time if it affects your tour and the listed experience below.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.