Detroit Walking Tour Including Rides on the People Mover
Don't even think about leaving Detroit without seeing the real Detroit. Join this locally-led Detroit tour to ride the city's 'People Mover' through baklava-laden Greektown, sculpture-dotted Civic Center, and hotdog heaven at Lafayette Coney Island. This is the D You Must See!
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Fares for rides on the People Mover
- “Coney dog” or a baklava (or pastry of equal price)
- Entry/Admission - Detroit Urban Adventures
What's excluded :
- Any beverages that you may want to accompany your coney dog or your pastry
- Tips and gratuities for your guide
- Entry/Admission - Comerica Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Comerica Park, 2100 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48201-3470
Give Detroit the attention it deserves on this Detroit walking tour that shows you everything you absolutely need to see in this awesome American city. Meet your local guide at a cafe on Broadway and take a walk around the nearby area which includes spots such as Foxtown, Madison Avenue, and Paradise Valley. You'll see the fabulous Fox Theater, Comerica Park (which is home of the Detroit Tigers), the beautiful Detroit Opera House, and several other Detroit highlights - the perfect way to familiarize yourself with the city.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Penobscot Building, 645 Griswold St, Detroit, MI 48226-4105
Next on this Detroit tour, you'll visit the 1929 art-deco Guardian Building to see the remarkably-beautiful lobby and banking room. It cannot be denied that this is one of the most beautiful buildings in Detroit and may even be one of the most gorgeous you see on your travels in the US.
Walk by another landmark, the 47-story Penobscot Building, to American and Lafayette Coney Island restaurants, where you can try a free 'coney dog' - a grilled hot dog with Detroit-style chili, mustard, and onions. Detroiters have been devouring them for more than 90 years, so to get into the local spirit we suggest that you give it a go!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Detroit People Mover, Detroit, MI 48226
Next on your Detroit city tour, take a quick ride over to the popular Greektown district on the elevated train called the 'People Mover.'
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Greektown, Monroe Street, Detroit, MI
In Greektown, you can taste a super-sweet piece of baklava, see a casino, or visit a historic church that was a stop on the Underground Railroad. Hopefully during your time in Greektown, you'll get to see a waiter light some liquor on fire over a piece of cheese, a classic Greek tradition. Opa!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Detroit Cultural Center Historic District, Woodward Ave Woodward Ave, Detroit, Michigan, Detroit, MI 48226-3473
Another ride on the People Mover leads to a stop in the Civic Center area. Here you will see some famous Detroit sculptures and have a view of the massive Renaissance Center, home to the tallest hotel in the Western Hemisphere. You'll also be able to give our friends in Canada a wave from here!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Detroit Urban Adventures, 615 Griswold St Suite 1624, Detroit, MI 48226-3900
Our last stop on this Detroit walking tour is seeing a famous renovated hotel which originally opened in 1924. We'll finish up with a ride on the People Mover back to Broadway.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1555 Broadway St, Detroit, MI 48226, USA
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :1515 Broadway St, Detroit, MI 48226, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress casually and comfortably. Wear shoes that are good for a fair amount of walking. Depending on weather, you may want to have a jacket, hat, or an umbrella.
- This is a child-friendly tour.
- On a very rare occasion, the People Mover or one of the venues that we usually visit may be unavailable.
- For your urban adventure, you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.