Devils Head Fire Lookout Private Hiking Tour A LOCAL FAVORITE!
A local favorite off the beaten tourist path in Pike National Forest. Devils Head Fire Lookout is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Devil's Head Lookout Trail takes you to a distinct granite rock outcropping in the front range. The towers are visible from Castle Rock to Woodland Park. From the Look Out Tower remarkable views of the Rocky Mountains for 100 miles in all directions!
The majority of this hike is shaded by mixed Aspen and Pine forest. There are plenty of shaded benches along the path.
Unique adventure Private tours only. Seasonal March - Nov. Accessible in Winter with additional 2 mile hike.
As of August 2019, the stairs are CLOSED for maintenance however the trail is still accessible.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tour Guide
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Picnic lunch at the top is an add on option.
- Bottled water - Please bring your own water bottle
Hike 1.4 miles up to the top of Devils Head Mountain. Then climb the steep 143 stairs to the lookout tower for spectacular 360 degree views and photos! Round trip is 3 miles. The trip takes approximately 45-90 minutes on a one way hike to the base of the tower and has an elevation gain of 865' from the trailhead. The lookout is at 9,748' elevation.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hello! We will pick up at your hotel or other meeting place within 5 miles of Lone Tree.
Departure Time :9/23/2019 - 10/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 06:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.