Dhulikhel and Namo Buddha Day Hiking Trip from Kathmandu
This Private Day Hiking trip will take you to the Namobuddha, situated at an elevation of 1750m, an important Buddhist Pilgrimage which lies about 38 kilometers east of Kathmandu. Namobuddha is a legendary place that is related to the pre incarnation of Lord Buddha. Enjoy viewing the number of temples, variation in landscapes and diversity of people living in harmony in Dhulikhel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- The tour begins with a morning pick-up from your hotel in Kathmandu. Drive from Kathmandu for about one and half hours to Dhulikhel, which is 35 kilometers east of Kathmandu, your first destination where you will be enjoying the real boon of nature being away from the busy of the city. Dhulikhel is renowned traveler terminus adjacent to Kathmandu which is still subsequent to the Newari culture as well as tradition characteristically. We reached a temple that was situated at the eastern side of the Dhulikhel bazaar. The Kali temple was guarded by armies because of insurgency; after some exchange of introduction they allowed us to pay homage to Goddess Durga. You can enjoy with the mountain view of langtang, Dorjelakpa, Gaurishankar. It offers to see you a unique opportunity to explore the myriad wonders of nature and the awe inspiring majesty and beauty of dramatic mountain views of langtang himal, Dorjelakpa himal, Gaurishankar himalaya.
From Dhulikhel, drive about 45 mins to reach hiking trail to Namo Buddha. We hike all the way through beautiful scenery of emerald hills, pine forest, and rural villages and of course the superb Mountain View up to Namo Buddha.
Namo Buddha is one of the most sacred Buddhist pilgrimage sites in Nepal. The mythology about Namo Buddha is that the Buddha in his previous life feeds his own flesh to a hungry tigress tormented by starvation, and this Stupa remained underground for centuries. One fine day Buddha Shakyamuni came to this place and got attracted by protuberance and as soon as he clapped his hand the Stupa appeared miraculously.
Our hike to this holy land is very relaxing and easy. The whole trial winds around beautiful villages, along the foothill, riverbanks, gorgeous rice and millet fields, dense forests, and magnificent panorama of the landscape of the mother earth wrapping this wonderful place.After making some detours in and around the area here, enjoy your lunch at a local restaurant and then you will drive to Kathmandu via Dhulikhel which takes about one & half hours.
Departure Point :Your centrally located hotel or accommodation in Kathmandu.
Departure Time :8:00 am Daily
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.