Dig for a Day Archaeological Seminar
Dig-for-a-Day is an eye-opening adventure for those who seek the thrill of an authentic archaeological dig, but with limited time. The program is open to all ages and is offered year-round and in most weather conditions (the excavation takes place underground). The site is rich with ancient artifacts waiting to be uncovered, and new discoveries are made every day (sorry, all finds are retained for research!)
per adult from
What's included :
- Guiding and instruction
- Archaeological tools
What's excluded :
- Beit Guvrin National Park entrance fee at 13 NIS per child -or- 25 NIS per adult paid on site
- Entry/Admission - Bet Guvrin-Maresha National Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bet Guvrin-Maresha National Park, Bet Shemesh-Kiryat Gat road opposite Kibbutz Bet Guvrin, Kiryat Gat Israel
Archaeological Seminars invites you to experience the thrill of unearthing the hidden past on Dig-for-a-Day, our ground-breaking archaeological experience designed for active travelers of all ages.
Dig-for-a-Day is an entirely hands-on experience that combines excavating, sifting, pottery examination, and exploring an elaborate archaeological cave system. All of our activities are led by professional guides under the auspices of the Israel Antiquities Authorities.
Our excavation site is located within Beit Guvrin National Park, the ancestral home of King Herod, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Vast underground labyrinths of man-made rooms dating back over 2,200 years have been systematically uncovered by Dig-for-a-Day over the past four decades with stunning discoveries along the way, some of which can now be found in Jerusalem's Israel Museum.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :DELEK Beit Guvrin, Beit Guvrin, Israel
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for travelers with claustrophobia concerns
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.