Digging up the past: Explore an old copper mining town on an audio walking tour
Join in on this tour through the quaint old mining town and World Heritage site of Røros and discover its history.
While you walk, you'll hear the town's story and about the lives of its miners. You’ll view some of the elegant houses and hear about the lives of those in the affluent part of town. After crossing the Glomma River, you’ll learn about the working class of Røros and get a glimpse into how they lived. You’ll meander of the Slagghaugene, the waste from the copper mine, and visit the Smelthytta and Røros Museum, before rounding off the walk near the beautiful Røros Church. The walk is about 1 kilometer and will take about 40 minutes, depending on how many stops you prefer to do along the way.
VoiceMap automatically plays audio at just the right time and place using your smartphone's GPS. Download the tour in a Wi-Fi zone to use the app offline. When you have bought the tour, you can use it whenever you like, and as many times as you like.
per adult from
40 to 60 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this audio tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Nilsenhjørnet, Kjerkgata 1, 7374 Røros, Norway
The tour starts at the Nilsenhjørnet park in Røros
Pass By: Bergmannsgata, Røros, Norway
The tour takes you down Bergmannsgata - one of two famous streets in the town.
Pass By: Røros Municipality, Norway
The tour briefly stops outside the municipality.
Pass By: Slegghaugan, Roros 7374 Norway
The tour passes the Slegghaugan - a small mountain made up of waste from mining
Pass By: Roros Church, Kjerkgata, Roros 7374 Norway
The tour passes the Røros Church.
Pass By: Kjerkgata, Røros, Norway
The tour ends on Kjerkgata, a street in Røros.
Pass By: Roros Museum Smelthytta, Lorentz Lossius gata 45, Roros 7374 Norway
The tour takes you passed the Røros Museum Smelthytta.
Departure Point :Nilsenhjørnet, Kjerkgata 1, 7374 Røros, Norway
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/27/2020 - 11/1/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Kjerkgata, Røros, Norway
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- NB: The tour is wheelchair accessible, but be aware that the path may be steep and challenging in some places.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.