Dino Park and Blue River Resort Adventure in Rincon de la Vieja from Liberia
Get close-up and personal with life-size moving dinosaurs inside a “Paradise on Earth." Experience thrills, a lush rain forest, incomparable views of majestic smoking Rincon de la Vieja volcano, blue rivers, natural mineral hot springs, 80 meter waterfalls and much more. Hike in the rain forest for dips under the Grand Waterfalls, cascading pools and along the blue river. Enjoy a delicious lunch at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs. Dip in 3 different "natural mineral" hot spring pools and 2 fresh water pools with bullet water slide, meander tropical botanical gardens with over 700 varietals, butterfly gardens, orchid garden, hummingbird sanctuary, Koi & Bird & Caiman Lakes, turtle ponds. Take a natural mud bath and sauna; visit miniature donkeys and horses and much more.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes
- Bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Welcome cocktail
- Changing room with locker
- Entry/Admission - Cataratas Llanos de Cortes
- Entry/Admission - Dino Park Blue River
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Spa Treatments (available for purchase)
- After hotel pickup at your Libera area hotel between 7am - 8am, you'll head to the lush rain forest only found on the north side of Rincon de la Vieja volcano. After a 2-hour drive, you'll arrive at the Blue River Resort & Hot Springs and be welcomed with a cocktail at the spa. Here, you'll have about 30 minutes to change clothing and prepare for your day's adventure.
Afterwards, depart for a short drive to a private park - Dinosaur Park. You'll have about 1.5 hours to explore. Walk along the forest path looking for life-size moving dinosaurs for a close-up and personal experience. Take a hike through the rain forest and the incomparable blue river, Rio Pénjamo. Take dips under the Grand Waterfalls and other cascading pools.
In the early afternoon, return to Blue River Resort to enjoy a delightful lunch. Next, you'll have several optional included activities at the resort to choose from or unwind with a spa treatment (not included) at the full-service Blue River Spa. Swim, slide and soak in five large pools. Enjoy four green, mineral hot springs and one fresh water pool with bullet slide. Walk the lush tropical botanical gardens with over 700 varieties of plants, such as Heliconias, fruit-bearing trees, timber-yielding trees, orchid garden, hummingbird garden, tropical fish ponds and lagoons and turtle ponds. Experience great views of Caimon Lake. See the lush tropical butterfly garden with 15-species, miniature horses and donkeys or the source of the hot springs bubbling up from the ground at 140 degrees Fahrenheit (60 degrees Celcius).
At around 4pm, depart for your hotel.
Departure Point :Hotel or accommodation in Liberia area
Departure Time :Between 7am-8am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A waiver of responsibility will need to be signed for the tour to go ahead
- Hiking shoes recommended to wear
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, including dirt stairs and paths
- Bring comfortable clothing, insect repellent, bathing suit, sunscreen, rain jacket and extra clothing (in case of inclement weather conditions)
- There is a possibility of cancellation or change due to weather conditions at the site. You will be offered refund or alternative, if known in advance and an alternative if occurs on route.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions. Pick-up time and location will be communicated once we know where you are staying.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.