Dino Park and Blue River Resort Adventure in Rincon de la Vieja from Tamarindo
Get close-up and personal with life-size moving dinosaurs inside a “Paradise on Earth”. Experience thrills, a lush rain forest, incomparable views of majestic smoking Rincon de la Vieja volcano, blue rivers, natural mineral hot springs, 80 meter waterfalls and much more.
Dino Park is all about family exhilaration and learning too. Hike in the rain forest for dips under the Grand Waterfalls, cascading pools and along the blue river. After a delicious lunch at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs take dips in 3 different "natural mineral" hot spring pools & 2 fresh water pools with bullet water slide, meander tropical botanical gardens with over 700 varietals, butterfly gardens, orchid garden, hummingbird sanctuary, Koi & Bird & Caiman Lakes, turtle ponds. Take a natural mud bath and sauna; visit miniature donkeys and horses and much more.
Tour includes pickup and drop off from your accommodation. You will return in time for supper.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes
- Bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Welcome cocktail
- Changing room with locker
- Entry/Admission - Dino Park Blue River
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Spa Treatments (available for purchase)
- 7am to 8am: Be picked up by a bi-lingual guide from hotels and apartments around Tamarindo for transportation to the north side of Rincon de la Vieja volcano, a lush rain forest with blue rivers, natural mineral hot springs, cascading waterfalls and or course, Dino Park. Location and time will be confirmed in advance.
10am: Arrive at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs for a welcome cocktail at the spa. Change clothing & prepare for adventure.
10:30am: Depart for a short drive to a private park.
• Dino Park: Walk along the forest path looking for life-size moving dinosaurs for a close-up and personal experience.
• Hike & Swim: Explore the rain forest and the incomparable blue river, Rio Pénjamo. Take dips under the Grand Waterfalls and other cascading pools.
12:30pm: Return to Blue River Resort to enjoy a delightful lunch.
1:30pm: Choose all or take your choice of:
• Swim, slide and soak in 5 large pools; 4 of them, unique large natural mineral "green" hot springs; and, 1 fresh water pool with a bullet water slide
• Walk the amazing tropical Botanical Gardens with over 700 varieties of plants, heliconias, fruit-bearing trees, timber-yielding trees, orchid gardens, hummingbird garden, tropical fish ponds and lagoons, turtle ponds, Caimon Lake and Bird Lake.
• Experience the lush tropical Butterfly Gardens with 15 species like the blue morpho.
• Take a natural mud bath between a hot springs and fresh water river and a natural sauna heated from below by the hot springs creek - all inside the botanical gardens.
• See the source of the hot springs bubbling up from the ground at 60 degrees Centigrade
• Visit our miniature horses and donkeys
• Unwind some more, with a spa treatment (extra) at the full service Blue River Spa4pm: Departure
Departure Point :Guanacaste Province, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
After booking we'll be in contact to confirm pick-up time and location. Providing us your phone/email will be best, especially if there is a last minute issue.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Calle Central, Provincia de Guanacaste, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A waiver of responsibility will need to be signed for the tour to go ahead
- Hiking shoes recommended to wear
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, including dirt stairs and paths
- Bring comfortable clothing, insect repellent, bathing suit, sunscreen, rain jacket and extra clothing (in case of inclement weather conditions)
- There is a possibility of cancellation or change due to weather conditions at the site. You will be offered refund or alternative, if known in advance and an alternative if occurs on route.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions. Pick-up time and location will be communicated once we know where you are staying.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.