Discover Amsterdam's Golden Age in the Portuguese Synagogue Ticket
Experience the Golden Age of Amsterdam with admission to the Portuguese Synagogue, home to one of the city's most exquisitely preserved 17th-century interiors. Learn about Amsterdam's Jewish heritage though with an audio headset while exploring this Sephardic place of worship. Marvel at its series of 72 cast-iron, arched windows and view the woman's gallery, home to12 towering pillars that stand for the 12 tribes of Israel. Your ticket provides additional admission to several of the other Jewish Cultural Quarter's most important sites.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Complimentary headset tour
- Entry/Admission - Joods Historisch Museum
- Entry/Admission - Portuguese Synagogue
- Entry/Admission - Hollandsche Schouwburg
- Entry/Admission - JHM Children's Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guided tour
- Visit: Joods Historisch Museum, Nieuwe Amstelstraat 1, 1011 PL Amsterdam The Netherlands
The Jewish Historical Museum is a beautiful, high-profile museum that occupies four monumental synagogue buildings in the middle of the Jewish Cultural Quarter. It provides a unique picture of past and present Dutch Jewish life in all its facets. The museum has an extensive collection of items ranging from paintings to films, and from utensils to 3D presentations. At any one time there are also two temporary exhibitions on display.
Duration: 1 hour
Visit: Portuguese Synagogue, Mr. Visserplein 3, 1011 RD Amsterdam The Netherlands
At the heart of the Jewish Cultural Quarter stands the majestic Portuguese Synagogue. The building is still used for religious services, but it is also open to the public. It hosts frequent candlelight concerts. Hundreds of candles illuminate the perfectly intact 17th-century interior. Visitors to the smaller buildings in the complex will find treasure chambers containing a unique collection of ceremonial objects made of silver, gold, brocade, and silk. The world’s oldest functioning Jewish library is also here: Ets Haim Livraria Montezinos, which is on UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
Duration: 30 minutes
Visit: Hollandsche Schouwburg, Plantage Middenlaan 24, 1018 DE Amsterdam The Netherlands
Temporarily closed for renovation from 1 September 2020 onward.
During World War II, the Hollandsche Schouwburg was used by the German occupying forces as a collection centre for Jews. From here, tens of thousands of women and men were deported to concentration and extermination camps. It is now a place of commemoration. In the hall, a wall remembers all the people deported from here through an inscription of their surnames, and there is an exhibition detailing the persecution of Jews in the Netherlands.
(The Hollandsche Schouwburg will be temporarily closed for renovation from 30 June 2020 onward)
Duration: 1 hour
Visit: JHM Children's Museum, Nieuwe Amstelstraat 1, 1011 PL Amsterdam The Netherlands
The Children’s Museum is a museum created especially for younger visitors inside the Jewish Historical Museum. Here children can get to know something about Jewish life and Jewish tradition in an entertaining way. The museum’s interior is set up like the home of Jewish family. Every day children can bake mini-hallahs (braided bread rolls) in the kosher kitchen, learn a bit of Hebrew in the study, or play tunes together in the music room.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Joods Historisch Museum, Nieuwe Amstelstraat 1, 1011 PL Amsterdam The Netherlands
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.