Discover and Enjoy French Wine
We design this « Tour de France » of wine for those who feel lost reading a French wine list and we help target villages or regions that suit your grape or wine style preferences.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Snacks - Cheese and meat. Freshly baked baguette.
What's excluded :
Do you want to go beyond the internationally renowned Bordeaux and Burgundy?
I want to share with you the basics of how to find your way around French wine, and hopefully how to enjoy it. This course is not about wine making or technical wine tasting. Instead, we cover very practical topics such as:
- Where is wine produced and what sort of wines should you expect from which region?
- Depending on your wine tastes (chardonnay, merlot, cabernet, etc.), which regions and villages should you look for?
- What should you drink before dinner or if you're not eating?
- How about pairing with fish, meat, cheese, dessert?
- Recommendations for ordering wine in a restaurant
- Buying wine from a local cellar to bring back home
- Lesser-known grape varieties / villages and great bargains only known to the French ;-)
We try and make it a fun and interactive session. And obviously, and most importantly, we taste wine (6 bottles) and food is served (cheese and meat / charcuterie together with French baguette).
Departure Point :13 Rue Rougemont, 75009 Paris, France
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.