Discover Borjomi in one day
Borjomi is a resort town in south-central Georgia with a population of 10,546. It iis situated in the northwestern part of the region in the picturesque Borjomi Gorge on the eastern edge of the Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park. The town is famous for its mineral water industry (which is the number one export of Georgia) and the World Wide Fund for Nature-site Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park. Borjomi mineral water is particularly well known in those countries which were part of the former Soviet Union; the bottling of mineral water is a major source of income for the area. Because of the supposed curative powers of the area's mineral springs, it is a frequent destination for people with health problems. Borjomi is also home to the most extensive ecologically-themed amusement park in the Caucasus.
per adult from
8 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Private tour
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Tour starts at 10:00 am. Our guide and driver will meet you at your hotel in Tbilisi to pick you up and start the tour. Distance from Tbilisi to Borjomi 161km and takes around 2 hours to drive. First of all we will visit an ancient Green Monastery, built in Chitahevi by apprentices of St. Grigol Khandzteli, Christopher and Theodore in about the IX century. In the XVI century, during the Shah - Tamaz invasions, the monastery was captured by the enemy and dozens of monks were wounded, tortured and killed. The riverbed flowing in the monastery is full of rocks of reddish color, which were called the "bloody stones." Pilgrims believe that the blood of monks killed in XVI century remained on these stones. It is said that these stones with traces of redness have abnormal healing power – in winter and summer the "blood" of the stones is visible and if the faithful do not pray, the blood is "erased." Next stop will be Borjomi-Kharagali National park, visit the museum of park and then enter the park to enjoy amazing nature. Last stop of the tour is Borjomi Central Park, which contains the source of the Borjomi mineral water. Near the entrance there is an option to use cable car to get up to plateau, where there's a ferris wheel.
We will visit the following places:
• Green Monastery
• Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park
• Borjomi Central Park
After tour we will start road back to Tbilisi and drop you at the hotel.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Tbilisi
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Hotel in Tbilisi
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.