Discover Charming and Historical Indein
The mystery of Myanmar’s Indein’s origins remains to date. Eye-catching from the moment one sees the uncountable stupas appear on the horizon, an accessible-by-boat tour from Inle Lake is seen as an extension of the immaculate beauty of the Shan State.
• Wander through Myanmar’s mystery and history
• Explore one of Inle Lake’s charming towns
• Admire the stupas and pagodas from different angles
• See how water-based life unfolds from and to Indein
• Return boat transfers from and to your resort are included
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by local boat from and to your booked resort
- All applicable taxes and service charges
What's excluded :
- Indein camera fees
- Entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Entry/Admission - Indein Village
- Entry/Admission - Shwe Inn Dein Pagoda
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Inle Lake, Nyaungshwe Myanmar
We will pick you up in the morning at around 8 am (the afternoon tour starts from 2 pm) from your hotel or resort along Inle Lake and board a local boat to the western shore of Inle Lake.
Stop At: Indein Village, Inthein, Taunggyi Myanmar
One of the more charming villages dotted along Inle Lake and with a cultural and natural atmosphere to match, Indein is primarily known for its centuries-old stupas and revered pagodas on the surrounding hilltop. The village is one of the five stops of the five-day rotating market circuit that marks one of the Shan State’s more remarkable daily events on a local scale. Boat trips over the canals and dense foliage are often added to enrich the Indein experience.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Indein, Indein, Shan State
Your private boat will moor in front of a stair path that brings the customer to the hidden Buddhist temple complex of Indein, nestled in a hill overlooking Inle Lake and located at the end of Inn-Dein creek. Visit one of the most amazing historical sights on the shore of the lake consisting of hundreds of small stupas overgrown by moss and greens. Crumbling in places and slightly derelict, the complex is certainly a haven of peace and serenity.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Shwe Inn Dein Pagoda, 2, Myanmar (Burma)
There are no records of when the stupas were built, or who built them, but some of the stupas are said to date from the 11th century and feature beautiful stone carvings. A covered walkway leads to the main Shwe Inn Thein Paya, from where (weather permitting) there are great views across the lake. There will be plenty of time to wander around and through the 1000+ structures before we walk back to the boat jetty and sail back to your resort through the lush vegetation scenery that is Inle Lake.
The walk back from the main boat pier of Indein marks the end of a half-day touring through ancient history with ample moments that will remain etched in your memory. Together with your guide, the tour ends upon arriving back at your Inle Lake booked resort.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located in Nyaung Shwe and along Inle Lake. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Kalaw, Taunggyi, Pindaya and the domestic airport are excluded.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Nyaung Shwe and along Inle Lake. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Heho, Kalaw, Taunggyi, Pindaya and the domestic airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- It is of the greatest importance to follow the guide’s instructions during this event in paying respect to the local customs. This includes approaching the monks, taking photographs and obeying the unwritten rules and regulations of this deeply-spiritual encounter.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- As part of protecting the overall authentic look that has withstood the test of time, a small camera fee is levied when entering the Indein Pagoda at Inle Lake for visitors who want to capture this spiritual splendour from up close.
- The camera fee is applicable for any photography or video recordings of any kind, irrespectively of the customer’s preferred device.
- Special permissions for drone flights above this national landmark are excluded and are not included in this camera fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.