Discover FairyTale Croatia: Castles of Northern Croatia Private Trip from Zagreb
Join us on a fairy tale experience and get the true feeling of how Croatian noble families lived.
With this private day trip from Zagreb you will have the opportunity to see some of the most famous and best preserved Croatian castles and explore the cobbled streets of a city often called "Little Vienna".
Veliki Tabor castle, situated on the hilltop in the manner of the medieval burgs, will excite you with interesting legends, impressive architecture and the most amazing views. In Trakošćan Castle you will experience a true fairy tale atmosfere walking the castle halls and around the picturesque lake. In the baroque city of Varaždin you will witness a well preserved historical architecture and bustling local life.
During the entire trip you will be accompanied by your private English speaking guide and our customer support will be at your disposal prior and during the trip.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private experienced English speaking guide
- Entrance fee for Veliki Tabor Castle
- Entrance fee for Trakoscan Castle
- Entrance fee for Varaždin City Museum in the Old Town fortress
- Licensed local Varaždin Tour Guide for a walking tour of Varaždin (optional)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Pick up/Drop-off at your accommodation in Zagreb
- Entry/Admission - Mapping Croatia by Cromin
- Entry/Admission - Dvor Veliki Tabor
- Entry/Admission - Trakoscan Castle (Dvor Trakoscan)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mapping Croatia by Cromin, Petrovogorska ul. 11, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
We will start this private day trip with pick up at your accommodation at the requested time.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Dvor Veliki Tabor, Hum Koshnichki 1, Desinic 49216 Croatia
Our first stop will be Veliki Tabor Castle, famous for the impressive architecture, rich museum collection and the most beautiful views stretching all the way to Slovenia.
Layout of the castle consist of older pentagonal building with late gothic elements enclosed by irregularly shaped renaissance defensive wall and housing facilities.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Trakoscan Castle (Dvor Trakoscan), Trakoscan 42254 Croatia
After a pleasant drive through the beautiful countryside we will reach Trakoscan - most famous and best preserved Croatian castle.
Castle was first built in the late 13th or early 14th Century as a small defensive fortress.
Complex of Trakošćan we have today, a romanticist synergy of architecture and nature, is a result of 19th century. Castle was reconstructed in neo – gothic style and surrounding landscape including a lake emerged after the model of English park.
You will see a valuable collection of paintings, furniture and weapons and enjoy walking around the picturesque lake surrounding the castle.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Town Hall Varazdin, Kralja Tomislava trg, Varazdin Croatia
Varazdin, often refered as „Little Vienna“, is a city in Northern Croatia famous for the intact Baroque architecture.
You will walk the cobbled streets of the city to see historical squares, churches and palaces, charming town hall and the most important cultural monument of the city - gothic-renaissance Old Town or Varazdin Castle with a museum.
It is also possible to arrange a guided walking tour of the city delivered by a local experienced guide.
After the sightseeing you can have some free time for a coffee on the main square or your guide can recommend you one of the local restaurants for lunch.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel or private accommodation in Zagreb. Your guide will wait for you withMapping Croatia sign.Please let us know what time would you like to start the trip (recommended time: 8 AM / 9 AM)Airports
- Pleso Airport, Zagreb Croatia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.