Discover Freediving in a Cenote!
The cenotes offer an unparalleled setting to facilitate the peace and relaxation we need to approach the underwater world.
The translucence of the water and the calm surface conditions will help you enjoy the wonders this cenote has to offer.
Though the prospect of breath-holding may sound daunting, there is nothing like the freedom of being at ease underwater. Of course, we always approach these tranquil and fragile environments with the utmost respect, but we lead with curiosity instead of fear.
We will teach you to approach your dives with an open, child-like mindset to ensure intuitive learning without overthinking.
No previous diving or freediving experience is necessary to participate in this activity.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Full freediving gear: mask, snorkel, fins, wetsuit, weight belt and weights
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Underwater photos
What's excluded :
You will arrive at the cenote after a 15 minute drive from Tulum downtown. Before you go in, a professional instructor will brief you about the basic techniques, equalization, breathing for freediving and equipment donning.
Once in the water (maximum depth 7 meters / 23 feet) you will start familiarizing yourself with the area and the gear as you perform some basic drills. Then, you will slowly progress into the cenote and start applying your skills to more challenging dives and passages among the mangroves, always under the guidance and supervision of your instructor.
The whole experience takes place in open water, which means that at no point will the participants go into overhead environments. Total time in the water can vary by group size between 2 to 3 hours.
Departure Point :Easy Chango, Andromeda Ote, Tulum Centro, 77760 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
We can only do pickups form hotels and stays in Tulum town, not the beach/hotel zone.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- All participants have to sign a medical release
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.