Discover Grizzly Bears from Banff
Animal lovers, don't miss your chance to discover the grizzly bear! Leaving Banff behind, you'll take a ride in a gondola for a great view of grizzly country, then take a chairlift to visit the grizzly refuge where you can observe an orphaned grizzly bear as it romps and plays in a natural bear habitat.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Lunch at Eagle's Eye Restaurant, Canada's highest restaurant
- Gondola ride at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
- Chairlift ride
- Visit to a grizzly bear refuge
- Return transport from Banff
- Small group size (up to 24 guests per guide)
- Entry/Admission - Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
What's excluded :
- Optional gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Takakkaw Falls, Yoho National Park, British Columbia Canada
Visit Takakkaw Falls in Yoho National Park (when access permits), to see Canada's second highest waterfall tumbling 254m (830 feet) in one stretch and 384m (1,260 feet) in total. The falls can be admired from the parking area or from an optional short 0.5km (¹⁄₃ mile) walk on a paved trail from the parking area to the base of the impressive falls.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kicking Horse Mountain Resort, 1500 Kicking Horse Trail, Golden, British Columbia VOA 1HO Canada
At Kicking Horse Mountain Resort you will take an enclosed sightseeing gondola with glass windows up to 7,700 feet with panoramic views of the Rocky Mountains, the Columbia River Wetlands and the quaint town of Golden. At the top, you'll enjoy a gourmet lunch from your choice of menu items with a non-alcoholic beverage and dessert at Eagle's Eye restaurant, Canada's highest restaurant.
After a leisurely lunch and enjoying the mountain top views, you'll descend back down the sightseeing gondola, and take a four-person open-chairlift chairlift partway up the mountain to the Grizzly Bear Refuge, the largest enclosed grizzly bear habitat in the world. At the refuge you'll meet Boo, a bear with paws the size of hubcaps, a mouth full of sharp teeth and enormous muscles moving beneath his shaggy fur, in his 20-acre habitat in the Rocky Mountain bush. You’ll hear his personal story and learn about grizzly bear behaviour from the knowledgeable guide while you watch him explore, hunt and forage just like his wild cousins. After the tour, you'll descend back down the open-air chairlift.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Emerald Lake Road, Yoho National Park, British Columbia Canada
There will be a brief stop at Emerald Lake, famous for its jade-coloured waters and surrounded by the breathtaking Rocky Mountains.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You must be ready 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time. Our guide will be there within the 15 minute pick up window.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Early and late season bookings may be subject to itinerary changes, the Takakkaw Falls Road typically opens late June. Alternative stops are usually the Spiral Tunnels and Natural Bridge..
- Infant rates do not include food.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.