Discover Hobart: Port Arthur and Lavender Farm 1 Day Tour
Visit the Port Arthur Historic Site
Explore the Port Arthur Lavender Farm
Photograph spectacular views from the Waterfall Bay Cliff-Top Walk
See some of the Tasman National Park highlights
Sample the local chocolates made at Federation Chocolate Factory and visit the historic Richmond Village
per adult from
What's included :
- Port Arthur Historic Site entrance fee
- Guided walking tour of the Port Arthur Historic Site
- Chocolate and Fudge samples at Port Arthur Lavender
- Professional guides and interpretation
What's excluded :
- Foods and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Port Arthur, Port Arthur, Tasmania
Departing early from Hobart, you will drive directly to the stunning Tasman Peninsula. This area has amazing history, fascinating stories and spectacular scenery, and is also home to Australia’s highest sea cliffs. You will enjoy the panoramic views of the area from Pirates Bay Lookout, which provides a great vantage point of the surrounding area.
Passing through Eaglehawk Neck and “The Dogline”, your guide will share with you some truly amazing history and stories of the area. You will then begin one of Tasmania’s “great short walks”, following a spectacular track of around 2 kilometers along the Waterfall Bay cliff top. From there you will be dropped off for a short visit to the Port Arthur Lavender Farm, where you will enjoy a self-guided wander around the Lavender grounds and can enjoy free samples of the local handmade lavender chocolates and lavender fudge.
You will then enter the Port Arthur Historic Site, where you will find a wealth of information and history which you can discover throughout your 3 hours on site. Your entry includes a complimentary harbor cruise around the Isle of the Dead, as well as a guided walking tour with one of the site’s expert guides.
On your return to Hobart, you will make a stop at the Federation Chocolate Factory, a small family-run boutique chocolate shop with a variety of chocolate flavors to sample. Moving along, you will arrive to the historic Richmond Village in the late afternoon. There you can meander the streets, stop for a coffee, visit the Lolly Shop, and walk across Australia’s oldest bridge which is still in use: a convict-built sand-stone bridge (which is reportedly haunted). Finally, before you re-enter Hobart, you will stop for a fabulous view across the city from a local lookout, a picturesque way to return to the city. You will then be dropped off back to your Hobart City accommodation at around 6:00PM.
Departure Point :20 Davey St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.