Discover Kamehameha's Birthplace & Plantation Village Tour (Kona, HI Day Tour)
*Visit an old plantation village.
*Learn about Kamehameha the great and where he grew up.
*See one of the most scenic points on the Big Island at Polulu Valley lookout and the upper Kohala Road.
Enjoy the day learning about Kamehameha the Great. Visit the site near his birthplace and enjoy some of the most beautiful places in Kohala and Kona districts. Drive to an old plantation village. Wander the beautiful shops and enjoy a delicious warm malasada or Hawaiian shave ice. Afterward, we drive to the birthplace of Kamehameha o ʻIolani i Kaiwikapu kauʻi Ka Liholiho Kūnuiākea later known as Kamehameha the Great. Take a scenic drive to the most northern point of the big island. Enjoy the majestic views. For more breathtaking scenes of this amazing island, we drive through Paniolo Country. Waimea, was the largest ranch in the U.S. Learn about the Hawaiian Cowboys (Paniolo's) and how they rounded up the cattle and put them on the ships.
Contact us for a Private Tour.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Pu'ukohola Heiau
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pololu Valley Lookout, End of Hwy. 270, Island of Hawaii, HI 96755
Overview of the beautiful black sands of Pololu Valley. This scenic point is hiking optional (an additional hour or so) This is where Kamehameha the Great learned to surf.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Hawi, Hawi, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
Visit the old plantation village of Hawi. Enjoy the beautiful koa sculptures, paintings, and wonderful shops that adorn this town.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Kohala Coast, Kohala Coast, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
The awe-inspiring beauty of the Kohala Coast and upper Kohala Road.
Pass By: Waimea, Waimea, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
Learn about Paniolo's (Hawaiian Cowboys) and how that a mere shipmate that jumped shipped became a millionaire and owned the largest ranch in the US. Visit Camp Tarawa. This is where the military (USMC) trained for Tarawa, Iwo Jima, more during WWII.
Stop At: Pu'ukohola Heiau, 62-3601 Kawaihae Rd, Kawaihae, Island of Hawaii, HI 96743-9720
An ancient temple built under the direction of Kamehameha 1. Another smaller older heiau below is also discussed.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please meet us at the hotel lobbies Ports
- Kailua Port
- Port of Hilo, 80 Kuhio St, Hilo, HI 96720, USA
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.