Discover Mandalay Full Day Tour
Made famous for many by the writings of Rudyard Kipling (who actually only spent 2 days in Myanmar and never even visited Mandalay!) this is perhaps the most evocative destination in Myanmar. The second largest city in Myanmar after Yangon this is the economic and religious hub of upper Myanmar and is centered around the Royal Palace.
• Visit the last royal palace of the last Burmese monarchy
• Explore World Largest Book (Kuthodaw Pagoda)
• Delicious local lunch.
• Seeing hidden charms like ancient temples, monasteries and pagodas
• Offer panoramic view from Mandalay Hill
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned private transfer
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English speaking guide
- Bottled water (1 per guest)
- Government tax
- Entry/Admission - Maha Myat Muni Pagoda- Mahamuni Buddha Temple
- Entry/Admission - Mandalay Hill
What's excluded :
- Other drinks & refreshments not stated
- Personal expenditure
- Travel insurance
- Drinks during meals
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mandalay Palace, Mandalay Myanmar
Your guide and driver will meet you in your hotel lobby at 8am to begin this journey of discovery through Mandalay. You will first visit Mandalay palace, the last royal palace of the last Burmese monarchy. The palace was constructed, between 1857 and 1859 as part of King Mindon's founding of the new royal capital city of Mandalay and largely follows the traditional Burmese palace design, inside a walled fort surrounded by a moat. A lot of the Palace was destroyed during WW2 but the 1990s reconstruction features more than 40 timber buildings built to resemble the 1850s originals. A climb up the curious spiral, timber-walled watchtower is rewarded with a good overview of the palace layout.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Shwenandaw Monastery, Shwenandaw Golden Palace, Mandalay Myanmar
Onward then to Shwenandaw monastery, a historic Buddhist monastery and one of the finest examples of traditional 19th century wooden buildings in the country. Both the exterior and interior of the monastery are decorated with intricate wood carvings.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Kuthodaw Pagoda & the World's Largest Book, Mandalay Myanmar
Then it is Kuthodaw Pagoda, a Buddhist stupa home to 729 marble stone slabs inscribed on both sides with pages from Tipitaka, a Buddhist scripture. First opened to the public on 4 May 1868 these scriptures are known as ‘The World's Largest Book’. A short respite now for a traditional lunch at Unique Myanmar.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Maha Myat Muni Pagoda- Mahamuni Buddha Temple, Mandalay Myanmar
After lunch we will discover Mahamuni Paya, where you will see a 13ft-tall seated Buddha, a nationally celebrated image that is believed to be some 2000 years old. Centuries of gold leaf applied by male devotees has left the figure with a 6 layer of pure gold…except on his gleaming face, which is ceremonially polished daily at 4am.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Mandalay Hill, Mandalay Myanmar
Next you will visit some of the artisan workshop’s that Mandalay is well known for. You can observe skilled craftsmen at work producing wood carvings, gold-leaf and tapestries, where techniques have remained unchanged from centuries ago. This day concludes with an evening on Mandalay Hill, where you can see an impressive overview of the city and reflect on your day of discovery before returning to your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will wait for you with a welcome board signal.If your hotel is not in the list, let us know.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.