I think that I am able to provide a lively historical review of the Old City. Many who come to Uruguay, arrive via Cruise liners and I believe that throughout the 2 and half hours that I show them around, that they have fallen a little in love with the city. The Old City has a lot of history waiting to be uncovered, as a guide I am there to reveal that while we walk around, we are also walking around with the past.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Plaza Zabala
- Entry/Admission - Plaza Matriz
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mercado del Puerto, Perez Castellano, Esquina Com Rambla 25 de Agosto de 1825, Montevideo Uruguay
This is one of the oldest markets in Uruguay, originally an export market that shipped beef, fruit and vegetables to Paraguay. This is one of the focal points of the Old City. Constructed in 1868 and to this day, the original iron structure still stands.
Stop At: Plaza Zabala, Durango y Circunvalacion, Montevideo Uruguay
Plaza Zabala is one of the original squares in the Old City, named after the founder of Montevideo. It is a beautiful plaza, filled with trees and birds, you can even see the parakeet nest in the trees.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Plaza Matriz, Montevideo 11000 Uruguay
This is the main square in the heart of the Old City, within this square is also the first church, Iglesia Matriz constructed in 1809. This is the busiest square surround by large trees and you will always find merchants selling antique goods in the square.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Palacio Salvo, Plaza Independencia 848, Montevideo 11000 Uruguay
Palacio Salvo is one of the defining landmarks of the Montevidean landscape, it is a building inspired by Dante Aligheiri's books. It was constructed in a renaissance style, completed in 1928
Departure Point :Piedras 258, 11000 Montevideo, Departamento de Montevideo, Uruguay
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Salvo Palace, Palacio Salvo, Plaza Independencia 848, 11100 Montevideo, Departamento de Montevideo, Uruguay
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.