Discover our Ghent craft beer & breweries with young, local, passionate guide
- Meet the brewer
- Learn more details about the brewing process in between the kettles
- Found out how hops & malts taste
- Discover projects of future breweries
- Explore the secret varieties of every local craft brewery
- Receive tailor-made food & drink recommendations for every age
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - educational & entertaining beer experience - Visit 3 craft breweries (allows only groups visits! ) - Taste 6 unusual local beers
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Dok Brewing Company
- Entry/Admission - Gentse Gruut Stadsbrouwerij
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dok Brewing Company, Dok-Noord 4B Hal 16, Ghent 9000 Belgium
While waiting for you in the brewery, our professional guide already prepares your first beer to treat you with the best welcome. That's right, we don’t like letting our customers wait to be introduced to our beers selection. You will be amazed by the modernity of the infrastructure. No time to lose, so let’s grab that beer, walk the stairs and set eyes on those imposing tanks. The technology and environmental sustainability of the crafting process will surprise you. Let’s now discuss the source of water and malts. We will also discover how the hops find their way into the kettle. To fulfill your curiosity, we will stroll towards the fermentation room, where all the magic happens. Your visit will then be enriched with a second tasting, to lead you further into the beer-tasting path.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Sleepstraat, 9000 Gent, Belgium
We are ready to walk to the next brewery while enjoying a short Belgiumbeerdays quiz about IPA’s and IBU’s. No matter if you are a Dutch or English speaker, we will help you find the terminology you are looking for. After this 15-mins walk, the winner of the quiz will be rewarded with an extra tasting.
Stop At: Gentse Gruut Stadsbrouwerij, Grote Huidevettershoek 10, Ghent 9000 Belgium
The next brewery is waiting for us. This unique, old crafting space distinguishes itself from the others thanks to its size, materials and more… Have you ever drunk a beer without any hops? Let’s grab that chance together. While exploring the batches itinerary, you’ll be served local delicacies.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Brouwbar, Oudburg 70a, Ghent 9000 Belgium
It's time to move to our last brewery, established in 2018, where the brewer will receive us with fresh beers. Then, while taking us through the process of converting malt into beer, he will also share how his beer-making career began. This brewery creates brews for their own use only. Could this be more exclusive? A part of their beers arepermanent, while the others are one-time creations. Let’s try to grab one of their recently launched editions! Take the chance to take a beer home and enjoy it with friends.
Oh and by the way, let’s determine who scored the highest during our quiz so that the lucky one can be awarded with an extra tasting!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Minor Swing, Ottogracht 56, Ghent 9000 Belgium
You can call this an informative and interactive tour, but we also want to make sure you aren’t missing any of the styles that represent Belgium’s famous beer culture and we know that brewery visits alone can’t make this happen.
So, as we are in the heart of the city center, we walk a bit further and grab a seat in an authentic hidden gem where we’ll finish our tour with one of Belgium’s traditional beers, like a Trappist, Lambic or Triple.
On sunny days, better enjoy the terrace.
Let’s chit chat all together, cause you are not only here to taste but maybe to make new friends too, right?
Have you discovered a new beer taste that you particularly like? Before saying goodbye, the host will be honoured to share with you more delicious Belgian beers as a variant of your new favourite beer!
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Dok Brewing Company, Dok-Noord 4B, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Return Detail :Woodrow Wilsonplein, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We'll only allow a number of max 10 persons per tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.