Discover the hidden gems of Amman's Rainbow street on an audio walking tour
See Amman's famous Rainbow street through the eyes of a local. You'll be guided through Rainbow street by local artist and tour coordinator Rana Safadi, whose family has lived in this neighborhood for generations.
Some of the highlights include discovering:
• How Rainbow street got it's name
• Unique architecture including classic Arab styles and Amman's first skyscraper
• The birthplace of the late King Hussein bin Talal
• Fantastic panoramic views of the city
Download this self-guided, self-paced tour in a wifi zone to enjoy offline access whenever you're ready to start the tour. Simply hit play and let Rana's stories unfold as you discover the stories of Rainbow street hiding in plain sight.
per adult from
40 to 60 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Smartphone and headphones, please bring your own with the tour predownloaded onto your phone
- Food and drink
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rainbow Street, Rainbow St, Amman Jordan
You will see all the highlights of Rainbow street and hear insightful stories the area and how the modern city of Amman came to be.
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: King Hussein Club, Al Kulliyah Al Elmeyah Al Islameyah 7, Amman, Jordan
Our tour begins outside the King Hussein Club, where your tour guide was married. This is just west of first circle.
Pass By: Rainbow Art House Theatre, Mohammad Rida st, off Rainbow Street, Amman Jordan
Hear how the Rainbow street got it's name, beginning with this theater and a market lost to time.
Pass By: Al Quds Falafel, Rainbow St. 41, Amman, Jordan
Along the way pause the tour to enjoy what many think is Amman's best falafel sandwich.
Pass By: Safadi mosque, Rainbow St. 32, Amman, Jordan
View the beautiful minaret of the Safadi mosque. Also on the tour you'll see the Bilbesi villa, considered one of the finest
examples of traditional Arab architecture in Amman, as well as the famous Mango villa.
Pass By: NOFA, Othman Ben Affan, Amman, Jordan
Artists sometimes gather at NOFA creative space and their courtyard features a lovely garden.
Pass By: Wild Jordan Center, Othman Ben Affan, Amman, Jordan
Enjoy spectacular views of the city from the terrace of Wild Jordan.
Pass By: Souk Jara, Rainbow Street, First Circle, Amman Jordan
If you happen to be doing your tour on a Friday between late June and late August, Amman's famous Souk Jara will be alive and bustling with hundreds of vendors, and your tour will take you right through it.
Pass By: The Royal Film Commission - Jordan, The Royal Film Commission Jordan, Omar Bin Al-Khattab St 6, Amman, Jordan
Encouraged by the government and the Royal Film commission, the movie industry in Jordan has grown rapidly and movies from Al-Urdun can be found throughout Hollywood. Screenings of local and international films can be seen here.
Pass By: Books@cafe, Omar Bin Al-Khattab St 12, Amman, Jordan
Your tour concludes at the trendy Books@cafe, a short walk from where we started and with taxis and ubers readily available.
Departure Point :1st Circle, 1st Cir., Amman, Jordan
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 3/8/2020 - 11/1/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Books@cafe, Omar Bin Al-Khattab St 12, Amman, Jordan
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.