Discover the Netherlands Tour
Spend your day exploring the beautiful sights the Netherlands has to offer, once you leave the busy city of Amsterdam.
Take in the idyllic agricultural landscape: meadows, cows, ditches, windmills. dikes, and lots of picturesque villages.
This tour will take you and your small group to discover the magnificent Dutch polder landscape north of Amsterdam: the Amsterdam Lake District. Where it's quiet and there are no overcrowded sights.
Stops include picturesque villages, lakes, dikes, dams and wide-open landscapes. And then there is a walking tour with a local in the famous city of Hindeloopen and a UNESCO treasure; the biggest Steam Pumping Station in the world where an operator will give you an exclusive tour. A delicious typical Dutch lunch is included.
If you want to see more in the Netherlands then just Amsterdam, this is your tour!
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch - Including a typical Dutch farmers lunch including coffee, thee, milk and water
- Local guides giving exclusive tours at several locations
- Entry/Admission - Het Friese Museumdorp
- Entry/Admission - Museum Hindeloopen
- Entry/Admission - UNESCO World Heritafe Ir. D.F. Woudagemaal
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Droogmakerij de Beemster (Beemster Polder), Rijn Middelburgstraat 1, 1462 NV The Netherlands
The best and oldest example of the Dutch reclaiming land. Discover this beautiful area of the country full of history, beautiful farms, cows, small villages andmore. Let your guide tell you all about it!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Vlietermonument, Afsluitdijk, 1779 GR Den Oever The Netherlands
Walk across the dike, climb the monument, look out over the Waddensea and IJssellake and admire this particularly important dike.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Het Friese Museumdorp, Meerweg 4, 8758 LC Allingawier The Netherlands
This beautiful open air museum village in a true hidden treasure. Meet the villagers while our local guide shows you around and tells you all about the secrets this village keeps.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Museum Hindeloopen, Dijkweg 1, 8713 KD Hindeloopen The Netherlands
This wonderfull little city with only 900 inhabitants is a real must-see when visiting the Amsterdam Lake District. Our local guide will show you around and takes you to the wonderful shop of Roosje, traditional painting.
Furthermore you have some free time to wander around the alleys of this city and to enjouy your lunch at one of the restaurants.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: UNESCO World Heritafe Ir. D.F. Woudagemaal, Gemaalweg 1a, 8531 PS Lemmer The Netherlands
The Ir. D.F. Woudagemaal is a one of a kind steam pumping station. It's a true UNESCO World Monument.
One of the operators will give you an exclusive tour through the heart of this beautiful building.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Flevopolder, 8232 ND Lelystad, Netherlands
Learn more about the new lands of the Netherlands. Reclaimed land as far as the eye can see!
Departure Point :This is Holland, Overhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam, Netherlands
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.