Discovering Inverness: An audio tour exploring the capital of the Highlands
Join your professional guide, Andrew Baxter, as he takes you on this self guided audio tour through ancient history. Go back to a time when an almost mythical tribe made Inverness their capital, before following in the footsteps of a Celtic saint who stopped the Loch Ness Monster in her steps. Discover the strange soothsayer with an obsession with bridges as you wobble across the river, avoiding the sinister clutches of wee fairies. Enjoy the myths and legends of Inverness, whilst exploring this great city's amazing past, on this tour around the Capital of the Highlands.
per adult from
75 to 90 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: St Andrews Cathedral, St. Andrews Cathedral The Pends, St. Andrews KY16 9QL Scotland
The tour starts at the Cathedral.
Pass By: Highland House of Fraser, 4-9 Huntly Street, Inverness IV3 5PR Scotland
The tour passes by Highland House of Fraser.
Pass By: River Ness, Inverness Scotland
The tour goes along the riverside.
Pass By: Greig Street Bridge, Greig St Rio Ness, Inverness Scotland
The tour passes along the Greig Street Bridge.
Pass By: Old High Church, Church St, Inverness IV1 1EY, UK
The tour stops briefly by the Old High Church.
Pass By: Leakey's Second-hand Bookshop, Church St Greyfriars Hall, Inverness IV1 1EY Scotland
The tour stops briefly in front of Leakey's Bookshop.
Pass By: Abertarff House 71 Church Street, Inverness IV1 1EU Scotland
The tour passes by Abertarff House.
Pass By: Inverness Town House, Town House High Street Castle Street/High Street, Inverness IV1 1JJ Scotland
The tour passes by Inverness Town House.
Pass By: Inverness Castle, Castle Street, Inverness IV2 3EG Scotland
The tour passes by Inverness Castle.
Pass By: War Memorial, Inverness IV2 6XN, UK
The tour passes by the Inverness War Memorial.
Pass By: Ness Islands, Great Glen Way, Inverness IV63 6TU Scotland
The tour goes onto the Ness Islands.
Pass By: Eden Court Theatre Bishops Road, Inverness IV3 5SA Scotland
The tour passes by Eden Court.
Departure Point :Inverness Cathedral, dedicated to St Andrew, Ardross St, Inverness IV3 5NN, UK
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/31/2020 - 10/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.