Diving in El Morro
Under the surface of El Morro, you can admire lobsters and turtles, octopus and sea horses, pike and yellowfin tuna along with sharks, dolphins and the largest and most impressive eels and stingrays you have seen before. There are also corals and sea sponges (porifers), which are any color you can imagine, as well as being home to a huge number of varieties of tropical fish. It is a great color show!
Las Grutas (caves) in El Morro
The beginning of your diving experience in El Morro involves a 90-foot deep dive, where you will see cave openings in front of you. It is difficult to see inward, but those who are reckless enough to enter, will be rewarded with two things: first, granite walls full of invertebrates, such as sea fans and corals, along with bright nudibranchs (sea slugs) and shrimp poachers
per adult from
What's included :
- PADI instructor
- Diving equipment
- Wetsuit (in winter)
- Two dives
- Lunch and water
What's excluded :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Port Rate
You know that you have reached El Morro, an advanced dive site located on the shore of Banderas Bay, when you put your eyes on a dramatic series of rocky pinnacles emerging from the Pacific Ocean. This is where experienced divers can dive under the waves along with a PADI certified instructor to dive between walls, explore caves and cross a tunnel of 50.
But that's not all there is to see and explore ... you can also approach large pelagic creatures, such as manta rays, sailfish, whale sharks and even humpback whales. Diving in the nose is a unique experience that you will never forget!
• El Marques Municipality, El Marques Municipality, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Departure Point :A.P.I. Puerto Vallarta S.A. de C.V., Terminal Marítima, Blvrd Francisco Medina Ascencio km 4.5, Zona Hotelera, Área Militar de Vallarta, 48333 Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
Show up at the dock indicated by the tour operator 30 min before your check in and have your confirmation on handPorts
- A.P.I. Puerto Vallarta S.A. de C.V., Terminal Marítima, Blvrd Francisco Medina Ascencio km 4.5, Zona Hotelera, Área Militar de Vallarta, 48333 Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
- Paradise Village Public Pier, Blvrd Nayarit, Nuevo Vallarta, Nay., Mexico
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- To dive in El Morro, the minimum age is 12 years.
- Based on PADI recommendations, you should not fly until 12 hours after a dive, and up to 18 hours after two or more dives in one day.
- It is a requirement to have made at least one dive in the last twelve months.
- To dive in El Morro, it is a requirement to have an advanced level certification, to be Open Water Diver with at least 25 registered dives
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Since many of these measures will be new and may evolve, we want to make sure that our guests are aware of all these changes. By taking a tour, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.