Diving tour to La Plata island and whales watching
La Plata island is located within the Machalilla National Park, it contains a great diversity of marine fauna and birds that can be found in Galapagos. Recognized for its huge colony of Hawksbill turtles, the visit of Humpback Whales and giant Mantarayas !.
We begin our adventure in Puerto López at 08: 30hs, to take our boat, during the navigation in the months of June to October we will make sighting of humpback whales.
Once we arrive at our first dive site, we will receive our equipment for the first dive and be ready! To enjoy our first dive!
After this we will have a short rest, then we will equip ourselves for our second and fascinating immersion in the waters of the Ecuadorian Coast!
Once the activity is finished we will have a box lunch and return to Puerto.
per adult from
What's included :
- Motor boat, box lunch, instructor-guide, transport.
What's excluded :
- Non specified services, personal expenses, tips.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Isla de la Plata, Machalilla National Park Ecuador
Diving on the coast of Machalilla National Park is an unforgettable experience, you should not miss it! You will have the opportunity to swim near beautiful coral reefs, which are home to many colorful fish, turtles, starfish, brunettes, lobsters among other species.
We will start our program in the morning, we will take our boat, which will take us to the first dive site, along the way, we will be able to observe a wonderful dance ”The Humpback Whales Courtship Dance”, upon arriving at our first stop, you can make your first dive !.
Our guide will give you a small introduction about the currents of the place and we will be ready to enjoy this fantastic adventure! After this we will have our snack and a rest time, to prepare for our second dive !.
Each dive has an average duration of 45 minutes depending on your level of diving.
If you are a discovery diver or have never dived, a 30-minute dive is done.
After this, we will go back to Puerto Lopez.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Muelle turistico, Malecón Julio Izurieta, Puerto López, Ecuador
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum 3 people to operate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain social distance, in case they do not respect the basic safety measures they will be asked to leave the tour. The maximum capacity of the services will be reduced in order to guarantee social isolation.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.