Dog Sledding Adventure from Toronto Private Tour
Join us this winter as we travel to the “Explorer’s Edge” region of Ontario, for a truly unique Canadian experiences dog sledding, snow tubing and snowshoeing. We will drive you from Toronto to North Ontario, where is always snow. You will visit local farm with private trails for dog sledding and snow shoeing and one of the biggest resort for snow tubing. You can also warm up by the campfire with hot chilli, hot chocolate and roast marshmallows over the fire.
You can try 3 truly canadian activities in one day - dog sledding, snow tubing and snowshoeing along with roasting marshmallows over the campfire and hot chili lunch!
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Local taxes
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Snowshoe rental
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fees
- Local guide
- Fuel surcharge
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Dog Sledding Tour (option of one hour dog sledding tour ($150 per person, half day tour $195 per person, day tour $280 per person)
- Snow Tubing Rides ($5 snow tubing ride)
- When we arrive on the property, near Sundridge, Ontario, you will receive a very warm greeting by close to 30 well loved dogs. Go ahead and say hi…but prepared to receive doggy kisses in return…lots of them.
Ed, and his colleagues, will provide an extensive, informative, lesson on how to lead your sled dog team through the winding forest trails. After the lesson you will feel like you are an expert on all facets of dog sledding.
Still have questions? No problem, feel free to ask, Ed and his team love everyone’s interest in the dogs, the property and the operation.
We will split into two groups after the instructions. First group will go sledding and second group will go snowshoeing through the woods and private trail.
A cozy prospector style canvas tent a short walk up the trail from the entrance to the property, with a roaring fireplace inside, will keep you warm and comfortable while you await your turn on the trails.
While your lunch is being prepared, feel free to try your hand at roasting marshmallows over the campfire while you enjoy a steaming cup of hot chocolate.
After lunch, and everyone has had their chance to lead a dogsled and, and has taken enough selfies with the dogs, we will head back south towards Toronto stopping at Snow Valley Ski Area, near Barrie Ontario, to enjoy our second traditional Canadian activity of the day…SNOW TUBING
At Snow Valley let one of the lifts will take you up the more than 10-storey high hill before you plunge, with a scream of excitement, back down the hill, only to repeat it again and again.
No experience or skills required, just sit in the tube and let gravity take over.
So much fun!
After our visit to Snow Valley relax and bask in the excitement of your day as our driver safely delivers you back to your pick up location.
This is a full day long excursion filled with adventure, approximately 12 hours, and we will do our best to make your day comfortable with plenty of rest stops and area information. Please feel free to bring snacks or refreshments along with you.
Departure Point :1: 900 Dufferin St, Toronto, ON M6H 4A9, Canada
2: York Mills, Toronto, ON M2P 2E3, Canada
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.