Dohány Synagogue - Private Guided Tour
I will arrange the entrance ticket(s) for you, you don't need to stand in the queue for it. If you would like to avoid joining a larger group during your visit at the Synagogue and if you would like to have a more personal experience from a member of a Jewish family, this private tour is highly recommended for you. You will hear about history of the Hungarian Jewish Community, the time of holocaust, about those non-Jewish people who risked their lives to save Jews and got the title "Righteous Among the Nations" from the state of Israel.
What will we see during our walk?
Dohány Synagogue inside
Jewish Museum with audioguide
Raoul Wallenberg Memorial Park
Tree of Life, Emmanuel tree, Etz Hayim
Righteous Among the Nations Memorial
per adult from
What's included :
- Entrance ticket to the Synagogue
- Entry/Admission - Great / Central Synagogue (Nagy Zsinagoga)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Great / Central Synagogue (Nagy Zsinagoga), Dohany utca 2-8, Budapest 1074 Hungary
We visit the beautiful Dohány Synagogue, I will tell you about the history of the Synagogue and life of the Jewish Community in Budapest. We visit the Jewish Museum where we will see its rich collection of Judaica. The museum is second largest Jewish museum in Europe.
We have a walk in the garden and we will see there the Martyr's cemetery, the archade and the Raoul Wallenberg Memorial Park. You will learn about the Hungarian holocaust, and those non-Jewish people who risked their lives to save Jews and got the title "Righteous Among the Nations" from the state of Israel. We walk to the Tree of Life (Emmanuel tree, Etz Hayim). This memorial was designed by Imre Varga in 1991 and paid for by the American actor Tony Curtis for memorial of his Hungarian-born father Emanuel Schwartz. There are hundreds of Hungarian family names on the leaves of the metal tree who were victims of the holocaust. We will see the Heroes' Temple from outside.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Budapest, Deák Ferenc tér, Hungary
Return Detail :Budapest, Dohány u. 2-4, 1075 Hungary
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.