Doka Coffee Tour- Grecia & Sarchi From San José
The Doka-Grecia and Sarchi tour is a relaxing yet very enjoyable tour in which you will learn about our history and traditions. Also a great opportunity to get some coffee and souvenirs to take back home.
We take the Pan-American Highway towards the city of Alajuela. En route we will pass the Agriculture Monument, the Monument to Juan Santamaria, our national hero and the famous Mango Park.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Special Option: °Vegetarian |° Gluten Free |Let us know if you have some special meal restriction |
- Tour Guide
- Transportation from Hotels in San José
- Tour operate with a minimum of 2 travellers
- Entry/Admission - Doka Estate Costa Rica Coffee Tour & Plantation
- Entry/Admission - Fabrica de Carretas Eloy Alfaro
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Doka Estate Costa Rica Coffee Tour & Plantation, 129, Provincia de Alajuela, Alajuela, Costa Rica
First we will go to Doka Coffee Estate, where we will have a coffee tour in an actual coffee plantation where we will learn the ancient techniques used by the experts to produce some of the best coffee in Costa Rica and around the world.
The careful process involved in the cultivation, harvesting and roasting of the Golden Bean will then be illustrated, very hands-on, and then we will savor the delectable product. After the coffee tour we will enjoy a Costa Rican lunch buffet.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Parque Central De Grecia, Avenida Central Leon Cortes, Grecia 20301 Costa Rica
We will continue to Grecia, a very typical and traditional town, where we will admire the metal church, a building that has a rare architecture, with high ceilings, ornate stained glass windows, and classical lines.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Fabrica de Carretas Eloy Alfaro, Sarchi Norte Valverde Vega, Sarchi Costa Rica
Next we will visit the town of Sarchi, known as the birthplace of Costa Rica’s Artisans. In Sarchi, you will be able to appreciate many of the art crafts and souvenirs that Costa Rica has to offer, as we visit a factory and souvenir shop managed by the local artists. Also you will see the world’s largest ox cart according to the Guinness Book.
The cart is 2 stories high, nearly 45 feet long (14 meters) and weighs 4400 lbs. (2 tons), and took 70 days to complete. Made out of wood (cedar) and decorated with bright colors, designed based on our typical and traditional oxcarts.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Transportation From Hotels in San Jose
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Covid-19 risk assessment of the activity completed (routes, visit of sights, possible crowds, number of people in the group, reduced services).
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.